Reached the 'peak'.. build more base?

roger89

May 29, 2005
Hello,

Although I have not reach the 'peak', I just want to ask incase I do. What if I start intensity training too early and have not enough base to work on, and then reach the 'peak'(which would be fairly low), would I be stuck there or can I still increase my 'peak' level if I go back to build my base?

roger89 said:
Hello,

Although I have not reach the 'peak', I just want to ask incase I do. What if I start intensity training too early and have not enough base to work on, and then reach the 'peak'(which would be fairly low), would I be stuck there or can I still increase my 'peak' level if I go back to build my base?
Without a good base it`s not good to start intensity traing. You have to work on your base first.

cyclingheroes said:
Without a good base it`s not good to start intensity traing. You have to work on your base first.
Thanks for reply. But I don't really know if I had a good base yet.. 1.5k miles passed doesn't mean I have got my base already. BTW, my meter is showing 1400+km of riding since I bought it. And those distance are mixture of average and hard riding(climbing hills). When I try ride slow, I still get the pain(lactic acid) in my legs. Looks like I have already started intensity training too early?

There's a lot more traffic on the Cycling Training forum. You might try over there and see if you get more discussion.