Reaction To: Trek Pure Sport Please See Spechs vs. Townie

On Sep 7, 4:57 pm, jim <[email protected]> wrote:
> Without commenting about Trek as a company, please look at these and
> give me your reaction
>
> http://www.trekbikes.com/int/en/bikes/2008/bike_path/pure/puresport/
>
> compared to the Electra Townie version:
>
> http://www.electrabike.com/04/bikes/05bikes/twn/05_twn_15.html
>
> Please check the detailed spechs of both.
> Thank you for your advice!
> I want a bike with 'flat foot' technology and these two fit the bill.

Take your essay contest elsewhere and just get the one you like the
best. Both are equipped with decent if cheap drivetrains. Like blue?
Get the blue one. Like black? Likewise.

On Sep 7, 2:57 pm, jim <[email protected]> wrote:
> Without commenting about Trek as a company, please look at these and
> give me your reaction
>
> http://www.trekbikes.com/int/en/bikes/2008/bike_path/pure/puresport/
>
> compared to the Electra Townie version:
>
> http://www.electrabike.com/04/bikes/05bikes/twn/05_twn_15.html
>
> Please check the detailed spechs of both.
> Thank you for your advice!
> I want a bike with 'flat foot' technology and these two fit the bill.

you might also look at the delsol flatfoot bikes (the lowboy series),
although they only come in 7speed derailer gearing or 3spd internal.
the cool thing is they have rigid forks and the 2007 3speed models
i've seen in person have doublewall rims, which isn't listed in the
spec sheet... all in all a more serious package for a similar price,
at least for someone whose terrain doesn't require very low gearing.
at least some of the derailer models have cassette hubs too, another
very good thing for a bike that's gonna be used much, compared to a
cheapo 7spd freewheel hub.

as for the 2 you linked to, they are very very similar and you should
probably let ride quality, service, and price determine it if you were
choosing between those 2.

jim wrote:

> Without commenting about Trek as a company, please look at these and
> give me your reaction

Without commenting about Trek as a company-- I'll observe that Electra
is a comparatively respectable company.

The Electra Townie saddle is one of my favorites for use on any
bike.

What's your particular attraction to flat-foot bikes? Do you have a
hard time mounting and dismounting? If you just want a nice easygoing
upright riding position, the Electra Amsterdam is pretty swell, as is
an actual Dutch bike.

Please do me a favor and don't refer to feet-forward/flat-foot design
as "technology". That's not really an appropriate word for that
feature.

Chalo