Read this;; it is written as if it was "oh, well .. too bad".

Cyclist dies of injuries by driver allegedly on phone
By The Denver Post

A bicyclist from Highlands Ranch, who was struck by a teenage driver
text-messaging on his mobile phone, died early Friday at Swedish Medical
Center, Douglas County authorities said.

The victim was identified as Jim R. Price, 63.

The 17-year-old driver, also of Highlands Ranch, will face a charge of
careless driving resulting in death, authorities said.

They said Price was struck by a car about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday while
riding in the bicycle lane of Wildcat Reserve Parkway.

The teenager, who has not been identified, was driving a late-model
Chevrolet east on the parkway just west of Summit View when his car drifted

into the bicycle lane, authorities said.
Investigators said alcohol, drugs and excessive speed were not
factors, but they learned that the boy was text-messaging on his phone when
he drove off the road.

RETURN TO TOP

Thomas Wentworth wrote:
> Cyclist dies of injuries by driver allegedly on phone
> By The Denver Post
>

> A bicyclist from Highlands Ranch, who was struck by a teenage
> driver text-messaging on his mobile phone, died early Friday at
> Swedish Medical Center, Douglas County authorities said.
>
> The victim was identified as Jim R. Price, 63.
>
> The 17-year-old driver, also of Highlands Ranch, will face a
> charge of careless driving resulting in death, authorities said.
>
> They said Price was struck by a car about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday
> while riding in the bicycle lane of Wildcat Reserve Parkway.
>
> The teenager, who has not been identified, was driving a
> late-model Chevrolet east on the parkway just west of Summit View
> when his car drifted into the bicycle lane, authorities said.

> Investigators said alcohol, drugs and excessive speed were not
> factors, but they learned that the boy was text-messaging on his
> phone when he drove off the road.

This was posted on rbt by spin156:

"A very sad note that Jim Price was struck and killed a couple of days
ago. He was a frequent poster on several forums and famous for his
incredible knowedge of bicycles and for his very sharp wit. The
story is that Jim (63 yrs old) was in a bike lane and struck by a 17 yr
old driver who was attempting to text message and drive at the same
time. This is very sad loss for the cycling world.

My condolences to his family. Rest in peace, Jim. You will be
missed.

Please see a message from his daughter:
http://forums.bicycling.com/thread.jspa?threadID=147561&tstart=0"

Sad, sad story.

In Message-ID:<xA_hf.63$gi3.13@trndny09> posted on Sat, 26 Nov 2005
14:47:57 GMT, Thomas Wentworth wrote: Begin

> Investigators said alcohol, drugs and excessive speed were not
>factors, but they learned that the boy was text-messaging on his phone when
>he drove off the road.

What did his message say?

--

Bart

Bart Bailey <[email protected]> wrote:

>In Message-ID:<xA_hf.63$gi3.13@trndny09> posted on Sat, 26 Nov 2005
>14:47:57 GMT, Thomas Wentworth wrote: Begin
>
>> Investigators said alcohol, drugs and excessive speed were not
>>factors, but they learned that the boy was text-messaging on his phone when
>>he drove off the road.

>What did his message say?

"Hang on a second. I'm about to kill a guy...."
--
Live simply so that others may simply live