Reading Between The Lines

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by B. Lafferty, Apr 23, 2006.

  1. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    No love lost on Discovery or Mr. Armstrong:

    I'm glad Floyd won it," said LeMond after the race. "I like Floyd. I met him
    a few times when he was riding with Mercury about five years ago. He's quite
    a funny character. He's had a phenomenal start to his year with Tour of
    California and Paris-Nice and now this. I know he lost this race last year,
    but I think he's at a different level this year. He proved his worth today.
    It was cool, it was almost cat and mouse. It was funny to watch the two
    interact, because Tom thought he was dropping Floyd, and Floyd would come
    right up on his side. It was good exciting racing. Instead of one guy just
    attacking and dominating, they were very equal. That's what made it such a
    great race. Obviously they were very close in the time trial and finished
    side by side in the climb, so they both could have merited the victory."

    Tags:

  2. matabala

    matabala Guest

    > No love lost on Discovery or Mr. Armstrong:
    >
    > I'm glad Floyd won it," said LeMond after the race. "I like Floyd. I met
    > him a few times when he was riding with Mercury about five years ago. He's
    > quite a funny character. He's had a phenomenal start to his year with Tour
    > of California and Paris-Nice and now this. I know he lost this race last
    > year, but I think he's at a different level this year. He proved his worth
    > today. It was cool, it was almost cat and mouse. It was funny to watch the
    > two interact, because Tom thought he was dropping Floyd, and Floyd would
    > come right up on his side. It was good exciting racing. Instead of one guy
    > just attacking and dominating, they were very equal. That's what made it
    > such a great race. Obviously they were very close in the time trial and
    > finished side by side in the climb, so they both could have merited the
    > victory."

    Don't know what invisible ink you're seeing but I don't read ANYTHING that
    knocks either Discovery or Armstrong. Didn't you have a Conspiracy
    Theorists convention in NO to attend this weekend?

  3. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "matabala" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > news:[email protected]
    >> No love lost on Discovery or Mr. Armstrong:
    >>
    >> I'm glad Floyd won it," said LeMond after the race. "I like Floyd. I met
    >> him a few times when he was riding with Mercury about five years ago.
    >> He's quite a funny character. He's had a phenomenal start to his year
    >> with Tour of California and Paris-Nice and now this. I know he lost this
    >> race last year, but I think he's at a different level this year. He
    >> proved his worth today. It was cool, it was almost cat and mouse. It was
    >> funny to watch the two interact, because Tom thought he was dropping
    >> Floyd, and Floyd would come right up on his side. It was good exciting
    >> racing. Instead of one guy just attacking and dominating, they were very
    >> equal. That's what made it such a great race. Obviously they were very
    >> close in the time trial and finished side by side in the climb, so they
    >> both could have merited the victory."

    > Don't know what invisible ink you're seeing but I don't read ANYTHING that
    > knocks either Discovery or Armstrong. Didn't you have a Conspiracy
    > Theorists convention in NO to attend this weekend?

    Oh, OK. My error.

  4. B. Lafferty wrote:
    > No love lost on Discovery or Mr. Armstrong:

    must everything be viewed through your LANCE filter?

  5. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    >> No love lost on Discovery or Mr. Armstrong:

    > must everything be viewed through your LANCE filter?

    Damn. And here I though I had my Lemond glasses on today.

  6. routebeer

    routebeer Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    > > No love lost on Discovery or Mr. Armstrong:

    > must everything be viewed through your LANCE filter?

    Do you think lance will get mention on brian's tombstone?

  7. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "routebeer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > B. Lafferty wrote:
    > > > No love lost on Discovery or Mr. Armstrong:

    > > must everything be viewed through your LANCE filter?
    > >

    > Do you think lance will get mention on brian's tombstone?

    Just below ground level...

    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    Never take a tenant with a monkey.

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  8. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "routebeer" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >> > must everything be viewed through your LANCE filter?
    >> >

    >> Do you think lance will get mention on brian's tombstone?

    > Just below ground level...
    >
    > --
    > tanx,
    > Howard

    Is it true Lance wants to be buried with his missing testicle?

  9. ST

    ST Guest

    On 4/23/06 3:13 PM, in article
    [email protected], "B. Lafferty"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> In article <[email protected]>,
    >> "routebeer" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]

    >>> Do you think lance will get mention on brian's tombstone?

    >> Just below ground level...
    >>
    >> --
    >> tanx,
    >> Howard

    > Is it true Lance wants to be buried with his missing testicle?

    Are you going to give it back to him?
    Are you done testing it for drugs yet??

  10. B. Lafferty wrote:
    > No love lost on Discovery or Mr. Armstrong:

    <snip>

    Dumbass -

    From:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006/apr06/georgia06/?id=/news/2006/apr06/apr23news3

    <snip>

    Danielson describes that tactics behind the last leg to the finish as
    being very cautious. "We both respect each other a lot. He knows what I
    am doing and I know what he is doing. So, in the end I was waiting for
    Popovich and Landis was not pedaling but then again, why should he
    pedal when he is in the leader's jersey?

    <snip>

    Like I said a couple of days ago; Floyd is one of the best riders in
    the world and to be up there with him is a very special thing for me.

    <snip>

  11. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "ST" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:C0714B6D.1A7F48%[email protected]
    > On 4/23/06 3:13 PM, in article
    > [email protected], "B. Lafferty"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >> "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >>> Just below ground level...
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> tanx,
    >>> Howard

    >> Is it true Lance wants to be buried with his missing testicle?
    >>

    > Are you going to give it back to him?
    > Are you done testing it for drugs yet??

    Dude, if I had his removed testicle, I'd sell it on eBay to one of his many
    rbr acolytes, bank the money and kiss your sorry asses goodbye.

  12. e-RICHIE

    e-RICHIE Guest

    B. Lafferty wrote:
    > Is it true Lance wants to be buried with his missing testicle?

    i thought havlicek stole the ball...

  13. Charles

    Charles Guest

    Like Lemond only used mineral water ...

    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > B. Lafferty wrote:
    > >> No love lost on Discovery or Mr. Armstrong:

    > > must everything be viewed through your LANCE filter?
    > >

    > Damn. And here I though I had my Lemond glasses on today.

  14. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Charles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Like Lemond only used mineral water ...

    At least he never had a positive finding.

    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >> > must everything be viewed through your LANCE filter?
    >> >

    >> Damn. And here I though I had my Lemond glasses on today.

  15. "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]

    > Dude, if I had his removed testicle, I'd sell it on eBay to one of his
    > many rbr acolytes, bank the money and kiss your sorry asses goodbye.

    How much did the love letter he wrote in junior high schol sell for a couple
    of years ago?

  16. B. Lafferty wrote:
    > No love lost on Discovery or Mr. Armstrong:
    >
    > I'm glad Floyd won it," said LeMond after the race. "I like Floyd. I met him
    > a few times when he was riding with Mercury about five years ago. He's quite
    > a funny character. He's had a phenomenal start to his year with Tour of
    > California and Paris-Nice and now this. I know he lost this race last year,
    > but I think he's at a different level this year. He proved his worth today.
    > It was cool, it was almost cat and mouse. It was funny to watch the two
    > interact, because Tom thought he was dropping Floyd, and Floyd would come
    > right up on his side. It was good exciting racing. Instead of one guy just
    > attacking and dominating, they were very equal. That's what made it such a
    > great race. Obviously they were very close in the time trial and finished
    > side by side in the climb, so they both could have merited the victory."

    So when he mentions Armstrong, it's a slam on Armstrong, and
    when he doesn't mention Armstrong, it's a double-dog extra rude
    diss of Armstrong? Is Armstrong even in the race this year?

    It's all about the Armstrongs,
    Ben

  17. [email protected] wrote:

    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    >> No love lost on Discovery or Mr. Armstrong:
    >>
    >> I'm glad Floyd won it," said LeMond after the race. "I like Floyd. I
    >> met him a few times when he was riding with Mercury about five years
    >> ago. He's quite a funny character. He's had a phenomenal start to his
    >> year with Tour of California and Paris-Nice and now this. I know he
    >> lost this race last year, but I think he's at a different level this
    >> year. He proved his worth today. It was cool, it was almost cat and
    >> mouse. It was funny to watch the two interact, because Tom thought he
    >> was dropping Floyd, and Floyd would come right up on his side. It was
    >> good exciting racing. Instead of one guy just attacking and
    >> dominating, they were very equal. That's what made it such a great
    >> race. Obviously they were very close in the time trial and finished
    >> side by side in the climb, so they both could have merited the
    >> victory."

    > So when he mentions Armstrong, it's a slam on Armstrong, and
    > when he doesn't mention Armstrong, it's a double-dog extra rude
    > diss of Armstrong? Is Armstrong even in the race this year?
    >
    > It's all about the Armstrongs,
    > Ben

    And the drugs.

    --
    Bill Asher

  18. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    >> No love lost on Discovery or Mr. Armstrong:
    >>
    >> I'm glad Floyd won it," said LeMond after the race. "I like Floyd. I met
    >> him
    >> a few times when he was riding with Mercury about five years ago. He's
    >> quite
    >> a funny character. He's had a phenomenal start to his year with Tour of
    >> California and Paris-Nice and now this. I know he lost this race last
    >> year,
    >> but I think he's at a different level this year. He proved his worth
    >> today.
    >> It was cool, it was almost cat and mouse. It was funny to watch the two
    >> interact, because Tom thought he was dropping Floyd, and Floyd would come
    >> right up on his side. It was good exciting racing. Instead of one guy
    >> just
    >> attacking and dominating, they were very equal. That's what made it such
    >> great race. Obviously they were very close in the time trial and finished
    >> side by side in the climb, so they both could have merited the victory."

    > So when he mentions Armstrong, it's a slam on Armstrong, and
    > when he doesn't mention Armstrong, it's a double-dog extra rude
    > diss of Armstrong? Is Armstrong even in the race this year?

    Armstrong was there for at least one stage. No reports of them running into
    each other.

  19. [email protected] wrote:
    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    > > No love lost on Discovery or Mr. Armstrong:

    > must everything be viewed through your LANCE filter?

    I haven't the slightest doubt that were Brian to meet THE LANCE,
    face-to-face, instead of asking him the cutting questions Brian poses
    here, that he'd just about slobber all over THE LANCE'S shoes, and
    nearly wet himself in excitement.

    Why else would he be so obsessed? It's love.

    CritPOSER

  20. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > I haven't the slightest doubt that were Brian to meet THE LANCE,
    > face-to-face, instead of asking him the cutting questions Brian poses
    > here, that he'd just about slobber all over THE LANCE'S shoes, and
    > nearly wet himself in excitement.

    Depending on who LANCE is dating at the time I think a lot
    of us might wet ourselves in excitement.

    Bob Schwartz