Real Men can wear orange!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Veloise, Apr 15, 2005.

  1. Veloise

    Veloise Guest

    Tags:

  2. Neil Brooks

    Neil Brooks Guest

    "Veloise" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Please help me convince this poor sod that it's OK to be male and wear
    >high-vis clothing.
    >
    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7149099931&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
    >
    >Thanx.
    >
    >--Karen M.

    Fairly ambiguous, but it seems he's saying that he's selling it
    because it's a woman's jersey more than for its color, per se.

    Either way . . . if it fits and it's passably clean, I'm wearing it.

    Life's too short to be worried about crap like that.

  3. Diablo Scott

    Diablo Scott Guest

    Veloise wrote:

    > Please help me convince this poor sod that it's OK to be male and wear
    > high-vis clothing.
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7149099931&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
    >
    > Thanx.
    >
    > --Karen M.

    You want us to e-mail him or bid on the jersey?
    He says it's a woman's jersey which could mean it's cut for a woman or
    the team is a women's team. Anyway, large is too big for me but I like
    orange in general... Jittery Joe's, Rabobank, Euskaltel.

    --
    My bike blog:
    http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/

  4. maxo

    maxo Guest

    On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:44:37 -0700, Veloise wrote:

    > Please help me convince this poor sod that it's OK to be male and wear
    > high-vis clothing.
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7149099931&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
    >
    > Thanx.

    Nah, guys like that are too fun to giggle at. I got passed by a few riding
    my fred bike yesterday--the hypermachismo is intoxicating, it's like they
    excrete Burt 45 by Faberge. Ohhh, la la!

    Try telling the beefy dudes wearing orange that are repaving the street in
    front of my house that the colour's a bit poofstery, and you'll live to
    regret it...

  5. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

  6. Bob

    Bob Guest

  7. Tom Keats

    Tom Keats Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Neil Brooks <[email protected]> writes:
    > "Veloise" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Please help me convince this poor sod that it's OK to be male and wear
    >>high-vis clothing.
    >>
    >>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7149099931&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
    >>
    >>Thanx.
    >>
    >>--Karen M.

    > Fairly ambiguous, but it seems he's saying that he's selling it
    > because it's a woman's jersey more than for its color, per se.
    >
    > Either way . . . if it fits and it's passably clean, I'm wearing it.
    >
    > Life's too short to be worried about crap like that.

    Maybe it's got a built-in shelf bra.

    Anyhow, orange is okay if you're an "autumn".

    cheers,
    Tom

    --
    -- Nothing is safe from me.
    Above address is just a spam midden.

  8. >
    > Maybe it's got a built-in shelf bra.

    It could be a 'bro' or a 'manssiere'...

    PP

  9. Fritz M

    Fritz M Guest

    maxo wrote:
    > Try telling the beefy dudes wearing orange ...

    Other orange-wearing beefy dudes:

    University of Colorado football (and other athletic teams)
    Denver Broncos
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Cleveland Browns

    ... ?

    RFM

  10. Veloise

    Veloise Guest

    Fritz M wrote:
    > Other orange-wearing beefy dudes:
    >
    > University of Colorado football (and other athletic teams)
    > Denver Broncos
    > Cincinnati Bengals
    > Cleveland Browns
    >
    > ... ?

    COUNTY JAIL jumpsuits are orange!

    --Karen M.

  11. Maggie

    Maggie Guest

    Veloise wrote:
    > Fritz M wrote:
    > > Other orange-wearing beefy dudes:
    > >
    > > University of Colorado football (and other athletic teams)
    > > Denver Broncos
    > > Cincinnati Bengals
    > > Cleveland Browns
    > >
    > > ... ?

    > COUNTY JAIL jumpsuits are orange!
    >
    > --Karen M.

    I was thinking that, but didn't want to say it. An orange jumpsuit
    with DOC on the back. You see it on TV every time one of those macho
    men are brought into court on charges of murder, assault,
    robbery....etc. And the cops wear it when they are directing traffic.
    Orange is a color to use when you want to be very visible. I don't see
    very many people dressed in orange for work.

    I don't think I ever owned anything orange. I really don't. The only
    time I wore it was when I was a patrol in school and helped the
    crossing guard. Our raincoats were orange too. Our patrol belts were
    orange. (With a silver Badge) Yep thats it for my life with the color
    orange.
    Maggie.

  12. Maggie

    Maggie Guest

    Veloise wrote:
    > Fritz M wrote:
    > > Other orange-wearing beefy dudes:
    > >
    > > University of Colorado football (and other athletic teams)
    > > Denver Broncos
    > > Cincinnati Bengals
    > > Cleveland Browns
    > >
    > > ... ?

    > COUNTY JAIL jumpsuits are orange!
    >
    > --Karen M.

    I was thinking that, but didn't want to say it. An orange jumpsuit
    with DOC on the back. You see it on TV every time one of those macho
    men are brought into court on charges of murder, assault,
    robbery....etc. And the cops wear it when they are directing traffic.
    Orange is a color to use when you want to be very visible. I don't see
    very many people dressed in orange for work.

    I don't think I ever owned anything orange. I really don't. The only
    time I wore it was when I was a patrol in school and helped the
    crossing guard. Our raincoats were orange too. Our patrol belts were
    orange. (With a silver Badge) Yep thats it for my life with the color
    orange.
    Maggie.

  13. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    18 Apr 2005 14:12:30 -0700,
    <[email protected]>,
    "Maggie" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Orange is a color to use when you want to be very visible. I don't see
    >very many people dressed in orange for work.

    Buddhist monks wear orange robes.
    --
    zk

  14. maxo

    maxo Guest

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:14:22 -0700, Zoot Katz wrote:

    > 18 Apr 2005 14:12:30 -0700,
    > <[email protected]>, "Maggie"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Orange is a color to use when you want to be very visible. I don't see
    >>very many people dressed in orange for work.

    > Buddhist monks wear orange robes.

    and wear sandals!

    :-o