Real Names vs. User Names

In article <[email protected]>,
Edward Dolan <[email protected]> wrote:

>Peter Clinch is a jerk because he takes newsgroups seriously. That is why
>his confounded signature never fails to **** me off. I do not take
>newsgroups seriously (as my every post attests) so I can have any kind of
>signature which pleases my fancy. In fact, my signature is so outrageous
>that only a numskull like you would take it seriously.

Why what make you think that I take you seriously?

>I am thinking of upping the ante on my signature to make it even more
>outrageous than it already is. Why the hell should a jerk like Peter Clinch
>have a a longer signature than someone so Great as Myself!

He's more useful than you.
He gets his role.

>Chalk up major minus points for Eugene Miya.

8^)

>I hang out here for amusement only. How many times do I have to tell you
>this before it sinks in.

The greater fool: The fool or the fool who follows the fool?

>>>I do not have the foggiest idea what Usenet was like ages ago.
>>>for idiots exclusively.

>> Such as yourself?

>Glad to see you are finally getting with the program. I will keep reminding
>you just how stupid you are lest you forget.

And how much and what are you drinking?

>I have never known a secretary in my life who was not as dumb as an ox.

That's your sample.

--

>> Testing reality.

In article <[email protected]>,
Edward Dolan <[email protected]> wrote:
>Have you ever seriously considered the idea that you might be insane?

McLuhan, Gutenberg Galaxy:
32 Schizophrenia may be a necessary consequence of literacy.

>Everyone make typos, but if you are making too many of them, then you are a
>slob who has no consideration for the reader.

Maybe so.

>Looking good is what it is all about. You obviously have never been saddled
>with a liberal arts education. I envy scientists who think they are educated
>because they have pursued nothing but science. Try to get some culture, why
>don't you?

Praised the humanities, my boy. That'll make them think you're
broadminded!
W. Churchill to R. V. Jones [Alan Turing's boss]

Are you going to accelerate your process of offing yourself?

>>>moderator

>Yes, I realize it is most likely a thankless job. How would you ever be able
>to please me for instance? Perish the thought!

You aren't the audience.
I know the audience.
This is why a publishing industry exists.
We're not here to please you.

>> Minniver Cheevey

>I find it just the opposite. Scientists seem like the original dummies to
>me, besides being the ultimate dullards. It all comes from their lack of a
>liberal arts education.

Praised the humanities, my boy. That'll make them think you're broadminded!
W. Churchill to R. V. Jones [Alan Turing's boss]

>>>YES! Of course I am wasting my time! And you aren't?

>How is it your job to be posting to these freaking cycling newsgroups?

I'm not posting from the cycling groups.
You can have the cycling groups and they can have you.

>>>Anyone who is posting to Usenet is wasting his time. I do it for the fun
>>>and games. Why the hell do you do it?

>> Professional uses of the internet.
>> We locate talented users of the net.

>So what the hell do these freaking newsgroups have to do with the Internet?
>And why would you want anyone with any brains on the Internet anyway? Yes,
>the computer and the Internet were invented by some very smart people, but
>it is for dummies like you and me and all the rest of mankind. That is ever
>the way of it.

Well first, off when I was a student I heard of those smart people (they
are smart, but not quite as smart as the smartest people I know, all are
flawed of course). Now I work with and for those people. So you may
think I'm dumb, and certain other parts can think that as well, but the
reality is that we invite and select people from various source.
What do you think the Internet is to news groups? It's the transport
mechanism. And we locate talented individuals for purposes of review.
But I see nothing to invite you. You honestly admit to knowing nothing about
the Internet and computers. And this is a computer network.

If you want the humanities, I suggest spending your time with the smart
people over in the humanties.* hierarchy. Not many because they have
not figured out moderation, but you can troll for them when you are sober.

--

"Eugene Miya" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>Peter Clinch is a jerk because he takes newsgroups seriously. That is why
>>his confounded signature never fails to **** me off. I do not take
>>newsgroups seriously (as my every post attests) so I can have any kind of
>>signature which pleases my fancy. In fact, my signature is so outrageous
>>that only a numskull like you would take it seriously.

> Why what make you think that I take you seriously?

It is immaterial whether you take me seriously or not, but you take
newsgroups seriously. This is a major error on your part and marks you as a
numskull. If you truly had any real education you would realize that
newsgroups are for idiots, morons and imbeciles. It is only the high school
educated crowd who think newsgroups are cool.

>>I am thinking of upping the ante on my signature to make it even more
>>outrageous than it already is. Why the hell should a jerk like Peter
>>Clinch
>>have a a longer signature than someone so Great as Myself!

> He's more useful than you.
> He gets his role.

I am not here to be useful, but to put idiots like you in your place.

>>Chalk up major minus points for Eugene Miya.

> 8^)

>>I hang out here for amusement only. How many times do I have to tell you
>>this before it sinks in.

> The greater fool: The fool or the fool who follows the fool?

If you weren't so dumb, you would be amused by my foolishness too. It takes
wit to recognize it in others. But you are a plodder, just like Jon
Meinecke. You two must be soul mates as you are both such dullards.

>>> Such as yourself?

>>Glad to see you are finally getting with the program. I will keep
>>reminding
>>you just how stupid you are lest you forget.

> And how much and what are you drinking?
>

>>I have never known a secretary in my life who was not as dumb as an ox.

> That's your sample.

Even a smart secretary is dumb. Otherwise she would not be doing what she is
doing.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." - Sigmund Freud

PS. By the way, what is your home newsgroup? I know it is not any of these
cycling groups.

>>> Testing reality.

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Edward Dolan <[email protected]> wrote:
>>Have you ever seriously considered the idea that you might be insane?

> McLuhan, Gutenberg Galaxy:
> 32 Schizophrenia may be a necessary consequence of literacy.

The medium is NOT the message. The message is the message. Only a fool
scientist would think otherwise.

>>Everyone make typos, but if you are making too many of them, then you are
>>slob who has no consideration for the reader.

> Maybe so.
>
>>Looking good is what it is all about. You obviously have never been
>>saddled
>>with a liberal arts education. I envy scientists who think they are
>>educated
>>because they have pursued nothing but science. Try to get some culture,
>>why
>>don't you?

> Praised the humanities, my boy. That'll make them think you're
> broadminded!
> W. Churchill to R. V. Jones [Alan Turing's boss]

The best professors I ever had in college were teachers of the humanities.
The worst professors I ever had in college were teachers of the sciences. I
wonder why that was?

> Are you going to accelerate your process of offing yourself?

No, I will let nature takes its' course. After all, when you are dead, you
are dead for all eternity.

"Once I wasn't, Then I was, Now I ain't again."

- Epitaph found on tombstone in Ohio graveyard

>>Yes, I realize it is most likely a thankless job. How would you ever be
>>able
>>to please me for instance? Perish the thought!

> You aren't the audience.
> I know the audience.
> This is why a publishing industry exists.
> We're not here to please you.

Believe it or not, I am your audience. That is no doubt why you have been
such a miserable failure. But don't feel bad about it. Everyone is a
miserable failure in my book. I think there is something called the Peter
Principal at work to explain this phenomenon.

>>> Minniver Cheevey

>>I find it just the opposite. Scientists seem like the original dummies to
>>me, besides being the ultimate dullards. It all comes from their lack of a
>>liberal arts education.

> Praised the humanities, my boy. That'll make them think you're
> broadminded!
> W. Churchill to R. V. Jones [Alan Turing's boss]

"The best professors I ever had in college were teachers of the humanities.
The worst professors I ever had in college were teachers of the sciences. I
wonder why that was?" - Ed Dolan

>>How is it your job to be posting to these freaking cycling newsgroups?

> I'm not posting from the cycling groups.
> You can have the cycling groups and they can have you.

We need to know your home group so I can let them know what a fool you are.
But I suspect they already know it.

>>> Professional uses of the internet.
>>> We locate talented users of the net.

>>So what the hell do these freaking newsgroups have to do with the
>>Internet?
>>And why would you want anyone with any brains on the Internet anyway? Yes,
>>the computer and the Internet were invented by some very smart people, but
>>it is for dummies like you and me and all the rest of mankind. That is
>>ever
>>the way of it.

> Well first, off when I was a student I heard of those smart people (they
> are smart, but not quite as smart as the smartest people I know, all are
> flawed of course). Now I work with and for those people. So you may
> think I'm dumb, and certain other parts can think that as well, but the
> reality is that we invite and select people from various source.
> What do you think the Internet is to news groups? It's the transport
> mechanism. And we locate talented individuals for purposes of review.
> But I see nothing to invite you. You honestly admit to knowing nothing
> about
> the Internet and computers. And this is a computer network.

Here we have an excellent illustration of the blind leading the blind. I
would not be caught dead working around freaking computers. They are
strictly for fun and games. As long as I can have some fun I will stick
around for a bit, but to devote your life to this kind of nonsense marks you
as the ultimate fool.

I still can't figure out what your job and your work is - and how it relates
to newsgroups? What the f*** are you reviewing?

> If you want the humanities, I suggest spending your time with the smart
> people over in the humanties.* hierarchy. Not many because they have
> not figured out moderation, but you can troll for them when you are sober.

I will stick with my cycling newsgroups, thank you very much, as there is no
sense at all in seeking out anything more elevated than that. The libraries
of the world are full of tomes well written by great men which I can read
whenever I want. Why on earth would I bother with the idiots of Usenet - no
matter the subject?

Have you seriously considered the possibility that you might be insane,
besides being just stupid of course.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." - Sigmund Freud

"IT3" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Who is saying what?

>>> Surely that is fair.

>>Nope. Two wrongs don't make a right

> Two Wrights made an airplane fly! Oh and before they did that, the
> built (care to take a wild guess?) BICYCLES...
> They even invented the left handed thread to keep the left pedal from
> unscrewing itself. Which by the way, has MANY usefull applications in
> the modern world.

> Do some research on Buffalo Soldier Bicycle Corps... back in the 1890's
> (how's that for history) they rode into Northern Montana and toured
> Yellowstone (hmm.... a National Park perhaps?) on bicycles. They
> traveled almost 2,000 miles from Ft. Missoula, MT across the Rocky
> Mountains and Great Plains, all the way to St. Louis, MO. I think there
> might be a historical precedent there......
>

>> Any mountain biker who tries to invade wilderness should be
>> thrown up against a wall and executed Mexican style.

> That is a pretty harsh statement.... Have you ever witnessed such an
> event?
> Or even seen what the wall behind those who were executed looks like
> several years later?
> I have... In fact I ride by such a wall every day, it's a pretty
> sobering sight I assure you.

Remember that scene from the movie "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre"? After
the Mexican bandits have murdered Humphry Bogart, they are caught by the
police and are immediately executed by firing squad. Nobody seemed to mind
dying, not even the bandits. Well, that is what life is like when life is
cheap I guess.

Actually, I think a bullet to the back of the head is probably the most
humane way to put someone out of their misery, don't you?