real or fake 2005 Discovery Channel Team jersey

Aero-X

Jan 12, 2006
I'm thinking about buying a 2005 Discovery Channel Team jersey(the one Lance wore on the 7th tour win). After doing some research on the internet(official Discovery Channel store and ebay), I realized that there're many versions of this jersey. The one I'm looking for is the standard team issue jersey, not the commemorative one with an all yellow shoulder. I know there're many knock-off Discovery Channel jerseys out there. I found 4 versions of this jersey so far. The first one is on Lance. So I can safely call it the authentic one. There's no 24 hour fitness and Berry Floor logos on the chest. The second photo is almost the same with the first one. Howerver, the short zipper extends half way into the Discovery letters while the zipper on Lance ends right above it. The third one has 24hour fitness and Berry Floor logos, but the zipper is a full length hidden zipper and the Discovery blue is way off(more like teal). The last one is from Discovery Channel online store. It features logos! WTF??? The authentic Discovery jersey is made by Nike in Italy from what I heard. So which one is the genuine Discovery Channel jersey? If they're all authentic, why so many versions?
discover01yz5.jpg

discover02ia1.jpg

discover03ig5.jpg

discover04jl9.jpg

Aero-X said:
I'm thinking about buying a 2005 Discovery Channel Team jersey(the one Lance wore on the 7th tour win). After doing some research on the internet(official Discovery Channel store and ebay), I realized that there're many versions of this jersey. The one I'm looking for is the standard team issue jersey, not the commemorative one with an all yellow shoulder. I know there're many knock-off Discovery Channel jerseys out there. I found 4 versions of this jersey so far. The first one is on Lance. So I can safely call it the authentic one. There's no 24 hour fitness and Berry Floor logos on the chest. The second photo is almost the same with the first one. Howerver, the short zipper extends half way into the Discovery letters while the zipper on Lance ends right above it. The third one has 24hour fitness and Berry Floor logos, but the zipper is a full length hidden zipper and the Discovery blue is way off(more like teal). The last one is from Discovery Channel online store. It features logos! WTF??? The authentic Discovery jersey is made by Nike in Italy from what I heard. So which one is the genuine Discovery Channel jersey? If they're all authentic, why so many versions?
discover01yz5.jpg

discover02ia1.jpg

discover03ig5.jpg

discover04jl9.jpg
I have the the one with where the zipper goes pass the Trek logo but before the Nike swoosh. It also has the 24hr fitness and berry floor on the chest. Where the tag is soppuse to be says nike(the nike logo is pasted on with some sort of glue), and it also says dri-fit. Nike is the only company with dri-fit...so my conclusion is that....YES it is nike! If that doesn't help you...sorry!