real photos of the tdF by real photographer

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Andrew Albright, Jun 11, 2003.

  1. "Andrew Albright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    http://www.magnumphotos.com/c/htm/FramerT.aspx?V=CDocT&E=29YL53ZHOBZL&Page=1&Total=32&DT=ALB&Pass=

    > Thanks

    Best collection of old TDF photos I have seen come in L'Equipe "The 100 years of the Tour de France"
    ("Cent ans de Tour de France")

    Boxed three-volume set (weighs five kilos), 784 pages, ISBN 2951203152, published by
    L'Equipe/Calmann-Lévy (October 2002), contains more than 2000 photographs and extracts from the
    original articles of L'Auto/L'Equipe. Cost: about 50 Euros.

    B-

  2. Steve Litvin

    Steve Litvin Guest

    Wow...I knew Robert Capa had taken TDF pics but I had never seen any. For those who dont know Capa
    was one of the founders of Magnum who took the famous Spanish Civil War photo (guy getting shot and
    falling) that was on the cover of Life. I've seen a collection of his original work from the early
    days of Israel....amazing stuff.