Real retro stuff.

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Chris Zacho "Th, Jun 6, 2003.

  1. Does anyone make true randonneur drop handlebars anymore? I mean the kind that curved upwards
    slightly before curving forwards.

    How about quality box-channel rims (inside center groove), 700c, 19-23mm width, offset spoke holes
    (36), w/reinforcing grommets? IOW, lightweight touring rims.

    Thanks.

  2. Andymorris

    Andymorris Guest

    Chris Zacho "The Wheelman" wrote:
    > Does anyone make true randonneur drop handlebars anymore? I mean the kind that curved upwards
    > slightly before curving forwards.

    3T Morphe Randonneur Bars?

    > How about quality box-channel rims (inside center groove), 700c, 19-23mm width, offset spoke holes
    > (36), w/reinforcing grommets? IOW, lightweight touring rims.

    Do bogtrader own a patent on offset spoke holes? They dont seam to do road rims in 36h.

    I think I know what you want, basically MA2's with offset spoke holes?

    --
    Andy Morris

    AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

  3. Chris Zacho The Wheelman wrote:
    > Does anyone make true randonneur drop handlebars anymore? I mean the kind that curved upwards
    > slightly before curving forwards.

    Yep, we stock 3 different versions.

    The coolest just arrived yesterday, GB bars from Britain, the widest=20 randonneurs I've ever seen.

    We've also got the Nitto 135 and a Belleri model.

    The Belleri is 25 mm clamp diameter (French size) but the other two are=20 ISO standard 1 inch (25.4
    mm) clamp size.

    We got 30 of 'em, I bought 2 for myself, (one for my Hetchins, one for=20 my Rambouillet) so there
    are 28 still available.

    See: http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/head.html#handlebars

    Sheldon "Randonneur" Brown +----------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | I am come=85in a very moralizing strain, to observe that our =
    |
    | pleasures in this world are always to be paid for, and that we | often purchase them at a great
    | disadvantage, giving ready-monied | actual happiness for a draft on the future, that may not be
    | honored. | -- Henry Tilney, Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen |
    +----------------------------------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West
    Newton, Massachusetts Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041 http://harriscyclery.com Hard-to-find
    parts shipped Worldwide http://captainbike.com http://sheldonbrown.com

  4. Tim McNamara

    Tim McNamara Guest

    (Chris Zacho "The Wheelman") wrote:

    > Does anyone make true randonneur drop handlebars anymore? I mean the kind that curved upwards
    > slightly before curving forwards.

    Nitto does, or at least did until very recently. Any bike shop should be able to order them through
    Euro-Asia, I would think.

    > How about quality box-channel rims (inside center groove), 700c, 19-23mm width, offset spoke holes
    > (36), w/reinforcing grommets? IOW, lightweight touring rims.

    Torelli Master?

  5. Ideal

    Ideal Guest

    Modolo GranFondo Five-stars comfort introduced in 1998: higher raise for "Gran Fondo" allowes a very
    comfortable rest-giving position, that is extremely appreciated especially in the long distance
    races and a very short shape "Venus" than decrease to 12 mm. the brake-lever distance. Very
    confortable for kids and women. http://www.modolo.com/

    Tim McNamara wrote:
    > (Chris Zacho "The Wheelman") wrote:
    >

    >>Does anyone make true randonneur drop handlebars anymore? I mean the kind that curved upwards
    >>slightly before curving forwards.
    >

    > Nitto does, or at least did until very recently. Any bike shop should be able to order them
    > through Euro-Asia, I would think.
    >

    >>How about quality box-channel rims (inside center groove), 700c, 19-23mm width, offset spoke holes
    >>(36), w/reinforcing grommets? IOW, lightweight touring rims.
    >

    > Torelli Master?

  6. "Do bogtrader own a patent on offset spoke holes? They don't seam to do road rims in 36h. I think I
    know what you want, basically MA2's with offset spoke holes?
    --
    Andy Morris"

    By offset, I'm not referring to that new design intended to reduce dish. I mean the holes for the
    left side spokes are a little to the left of center, the holes for the right hand spokes, a little
    to the right of center.

  7. Chris Zacho "The Wheelman" wrote:

    > Does anyone make true randonneur drop handlebars anymore? I mean the kind that curved upwards
    > slightly before curving forwards.
    >
    > How about quality box-channel rims (inside center groove), 700c, 19-23mm width, offset spoke holes
    > (36), w/reinforcing grommets? IOW, lightweight touring rims.

    Did you check the Rivendell web site? They seem to specialize in retro stuff.

    http://www.rivendellbicycles.com

    --
    Jerry Gardner [email protected]