RealLITE

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Just Zis Guy, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    I bought a RealLITE (two actually) from Sheldon. Man that thing is BRIGHT! The warranty is something
    else, too!

    http://www.reallite.com/warranty.htm

    Good to know I'm covered if my light is attacked by killer bees :-D

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

    Tags:

  2. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    I bought a RealLITE (two actually) from Sheldon. Man that thing is BRIGHT! The warranty is something
    else, too!

    http://www.reallite.com/warranty.htm

    Good to know I'm covered if my light is attacked by killer bees :-D

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  3. gotta ask....did U pay more than $10.00 for the 18 LED flasher? I ordered a case of the suckers from
    the distributor and will probably start flogging them after Feb.01 for around $9.00 each....with the
    batteries incl.
    > I bought a RealLITE (two actually) from Sheldon. Man that thing is BRIGHT! The warranty is
    > something else, too!
    >
    > http://www.reallite.com/warranty.htm
    >
    > Good to know I'm covered if my light is attacked by killer bees :-D
    >
    > Guy
    > ===
    > ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
    > dynamic DNS permitting)
    > NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
    > work. Apologies.

  4. gotta ask....did U pay more than $10.00 for the 18 LED flasher? I ordered a case of the suckers from
    the distributor and will probably start flogging them after Feb.01 for around $9.00 each....with the
    batteries incl.
    > I bought a RealLITE (two actually) from Sheldon. Man that thing is BRIGHT! The warranty is
    > something else, too!
    >
    > http://www.reallite.com/warranty.htm
    >
    > Good to know I'm covered if my light is attacked by killer bees :-D
    >
    > Guy
    > ===
    > ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
    > dynamic DNS permitting)
    > NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
    > work. Apologies.

  5. Bob Stan

    Bob Stan Guest

    I got one a year ago and I think it is fantastic. There is no way anyone is going to miss seeing you
    at night with this baby!

    On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 12:06:46 +0000, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

    >I bought a RealLITE (two actually) from Sheldon. Man that thing is BRIGHT! The warranty is
    >something else, too!
    >
    >http://www.reallite.com/warranty.htm
    >
    >Good to know I'm covered if my light is attacked by killer bees :-D
    >
    >Guy
    >===
    >** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
    >dynamic DNS permitting)
    >NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
    > work. Apologies.

  6. Bob Stan

    Bob Stan Guest

    I got one a year ago and I think it is fantastic. There is no way anyone is going to miss seeing you
    at night with this baby!

    On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 12:06:46 +0000, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

    >I bought a RealLITE (two actually) from Sheldon. Man that thing is BRIGHT! The warranty is
    >something else, too!
    >
    >http://www.reallite.com/warranty.htm
    >
    >Good to know I'm covered if my light is attacked by killer bees :-D
    >
    >Guy
    >===
    >** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
    >dynamic DNS permitting)
    >NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
    > work. Apologies.

  7. Bentheadswb

    Bentheadswb Guest

    I picked up mine at Target about 3 years ago, still going strong and annoys anyone that gets stuck
    behind me in the dark. All I did was take the magnets off the back and took apart the light. Layed
    zip ties across the LEDs and notched the gasket and screwed the reflector portion back on. Carved
    the zip ties along the back and clicked them together to make a hanger. Then connected another zip
    tie to it to attach it to my rear rack. Best $10 I ever spent.

    The 5 watt pencil beam white LED project continues.... that one is rather pricey and takes a lot of
    machining, current/voltage regulators and heat sinks.

    John H N TX

  8. Bentheadswb

    Bentheadswb Guest

    I picked up mine at Target about 3 years ago, still going strong and annoys anyone that gets stuck
    behind me in the dark. All I did was take the magnets off the back and took apart the light. Layed
    zip ties across the LEDs and notched the gasket and screwed the reflector portion back on. Carved
    the zip ties along the back and clicked them together to make a hanger. Then connected another zip
    tie to it to attach it to my rear rack. Best $10 I ever spent.

    The 5 watt pencil beam white LED project continues.... that one is rather pricey and takes a lot of
    machining, current/voltage regulators and heat sinks.

    John H N TX

  9. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 07:29:36 -0500, "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >gotta ask....did U pay more than $10.00 for the 18 LED flasher? I ordered a case of the suckers
    >from the distributor and will probably start flogging them after Feb.01 for around $9.00
    >each....with the batteries incl.

    Yes I did.

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  10. Gary Fritz

    Gary Fritz Guest

    "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > gotta ask....did U pay more than $10.00 for the 18 LED flasher? I ordered a case of the suckers
    > from the distributor and will probably start flogging them after Feb.01 for around $9.00
    > each....with the batteries incl.

    Did you get the recumbent mounting brackets too? Gary

  11. is this light brighter than a niterider tailight?

  12. NOPE......but lots less cost. The safety light also has a slightly larger footprint at 24
    sq. inches.
    "Alan Mushnick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > is this light brighter than a niterider tailight?

  13. Gary Fritz

    Gary Fritz Guest

    "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > nope, will just fabricate mounts for different bents and I have (somewhere) lost on my HDD a link
    > to a company that sells (only) mounts for the various flashers made.

    I bought one of these lights back when people first started seeing them at Target, or wherever it
    was, but I've never gotten around to cobbling up a mount for my V-Rex. Does that company sell single
    units, or are they are volume distributor?

    Just to save hassle, if I can't get one elsewhere, I may buy a light from you for $9 just to get the
    mount. :)

    Gary the lazy SOB

  14. Mlb

    Mlb Guest

    > Am going to be testing one Flasher next week that should be veeery interesting, it has 50 Super
    > Brite LEDs that flash from right to left, rapid fire and return left to right...the lamp is 2 feet
    > wide, but only 2 inches high. It would be ideal on a trike and comes in either red (rear) or amber
    > (front). Downside might be the Ni-MH battery pack weight & cost...but when U spend $2-5K on a
    > trike...having a flasher

    Sounds interesting. Please post pics and price when able. "said the guy on the trike"

  15. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    > NOPE......but lots less cost. The safety light also has a slightly larger footprint at 24
    > sq. inches.
    > "Alan Mushnick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > is this light brighter than a niterider tailight?

    Hmm.. I've never seen a Niterider taillight in action, but I do have a "RealLITE"-ish light on the
    back of my Tour Easy. A co-worker mentioned that he had seen it and recognized me at a distance of
    several blocks. In the morning. With the sun at our backs.

    I think that's plenty bright.

    Jeff