RealLITE

Just Zis Guy

Guest
I bought a RealLITE (two actually) from Sheldon. Man that thing is BRIGHT! The warranty is something
else, too!

http://www.reallite.com/warranty.htm

Good to know I'm covered if my light is attacked by killer bees :-D

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

I bought a RealLITE (two actually) from Sheldon. Man that thing is BRIGHT! The warranty is something
else, too!

http://www.reallite.com/warranty.htm

Good to know I'm covered if my light is attacked by killer bees :-D

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

gotta ask....did U pay more than $10.00 for the 18 LED flasher? I ordered a case of the suckers from
the distributor and will probably start flogging them after Feb.01 for around $9.00 each....with the
batteries incl.
> I bought a RealLITE (two actually) from Sheldon. Man that thing is BRIGHT! The warranty is
> something else, too!
>
> http://www.reallite.com/warranty.htm
>
> Good to know I'm covered if my light is attacked by killer bees :-D
>
> Guy
> ===
> ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
> dynamic DNS permitting)
> NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
> work. Apologies.

gotta ask....did U pay more than $10.00 for the 18 LED flasher? I ordered a case of the suckers from
the distributor and will probably start flogging them after Feb.01 for around $9.00 each....with the
batteries incl.
> I bought a RealLITE (two actually) from Sheldon. Man that thing is BRIGHT! The warranty is
> something else, too!
>
> http://www.reallite.com/warranty.htm
>
> Good to know I'm covered if my light is attacked by killer bees :-D
>
> Guy
> ===
> ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
> dynamic DNS permitting)
> NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
> work. Apologies.

I got one a year ago and I think it is fantastic. There is no way anyone is going to miss seeing you
at night with this baby!

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 12:06:46 +0000, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

>I bought a RealLITE (two actually) from Sheldon. Man that thing is BRIGHT! The warranty is
>something else, too!
>
>http://www.reallite.com/warranty.htm
>
>Good to know I'm covered if my light is attacked by killer bees :-D
>
>Guy
>===
>** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
>dynamic DNS permitting)
>NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
> work. Apologies.

I got one a year ago and I think it is fantastic. There is no way anyone is going to miss seeing you
at night with this baby!

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 12:06:46 +0000, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

>I bought a RealLITE (two actually) from Sheldon. Man that thing is BRIGHT! The warranty is
>something else, too!
>
>http://www.reallite.com/warranty.htm
>
>Good to know I'm covered if my light is attacked by killer bees :-D
>
>Guy
>===
>** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
>dynamic DNS permitting)
>NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
> work. Apologies.

I picked up mine at Target about 3 years ago, still going strong and annoys anyone that gets stuck
behind me in the dark. All I did was take the magnets off the back and took apart the light. Layed
zip ties across the LEDs and notched the gasket and screwed the reflector portion back on. Carved
the zip ties along the back and clicked them together to make a hanger. Then connected another zip
tie to it to attach it to my rear rack. Best $10 I ever spent.

The 5 watt pencil beam white LED project continues.... that one is rather pricey and takes a lot of
machining, current/voltage regulators and heat sinks.

John H N TX

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 07:29:36 -0500, "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote:

>gotta ask....did U pay more than $10.00 for the 18 LED flasher? I ordered a case of the suckers
>from the distributor and will probably start flogging them after Feb.01 for around $9.00
>each....with the batteries incl.

Yes I did.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

"Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote:

> gotta ask....did U pay more than $10.00 for the 18 LED flasher? I ordered a case of the suckers
> from the distributor and will probably start flogging them after Feb.01 for around $9.00
> each....with the batteries incl.

Did you get the recumbent mounting brackets too? Gary

NOPE......but lots less cost. The safety light also has a slightly larger footprint at 24
sq. inches.
"Alan Mushnick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> is this light brighter than a niterider tailight?

"Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote:
> nope, will just fabricate mounts for different bents and I have (somewhere) lost on my HDD a link
> to a company that sells (only) mounts for the various flashers made.

I bought one of these lights back when people first started seeing them at Target, or wherever it
was, but I've never gotten around to cobbling up a mount for my V-Rex. Does that company sell single
units, or are they are volume distributor?

Just to save hassle, if I can't get one elsewhere, I may buy a light from you for $9 just to get the
mount. :)

Gary the lazy SOB

> Am going to be testing one Flasher next week that should be veeery interesting, it has 50 Super
> Brite LEDs that flash from right to left, rapid fire and return left to right...the lamp is 2 feet
> wide, but only 2 inches high. It would be ideal on a trike and comes in either red (rear) or amber
> (front). Downside might be the Ni-MH battery pack weight & cost...but when U spend $2-5K on a
> trike...having a flasher

Sounds interesting. Please post pics and price when able. "said the guy on the trike"

news:<[email protected]>...
> NOPE......but lots less cost. The safety light also has a slightly larger footprint at 24
> sq. inches.
> "Alan Mushnick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > is this light brighter than a niterider tailight?

Hmm.. I've never seen a Niterider taillight in action, but I do have a "RealLITE"-ish light on the
back of my Tour Easy. A co-worker mentioned that he had seen it and recognized me at a distance of
several blocks. In the morning. With the sun at our backs.

I think that's plenty bright.

Jeff