Really Loud Horn

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by News, Mar 19, 2003.

  1. News

    News Guest

    Hi All,

    When I was at university - a fella used to ride around with a phenomenally loud (electric I think)
    push button horn, can anyone advise where I can buy one of these in the uk ?

    Thanks,

    James

    Tags:

  2. Simon Proven

    Simon Proven Guest

    News wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > When I was at university - a fella used to ride around with a phenomenally loud (electric I think)
    > push button horn, can anyone advise where I can buy one of these in the uk ?

    Try looking for an Air Zound II. Air powered, pumped up from a normal bike pump.

    Simon

  3. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    News wrote:
    > When I was at university - a fella used to ride around with a phenomenally loud (electric I think)
    > push button horn, can anyone advise where I can buy one of these in the uk ?

    I used to have a horn matching that description when I was at university (it was on my bike when it
    was stolen in 1994). I believe they're still available from H*lf*rds for around a tenner. It took a
    PP3 battery IIRC.

    I prefer the AirZound, though. It has the great advantage of not needing batteries.
    http://www.kinetics.org.uk/html/lighting___safety.html

    Thomas Paine

  4. News

    News Guest

    i would prefer something electric, any ideas ?

    "Simon Proven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > News wrote:
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > When I was at university - a fella used to ride around with a
    phenomenally
    > > loud (electric I think) push button horn, can anyone advise where I can
    buy
    > > one of these in the uk ?
    >
    > Try looking for an Air Zound II. Air powered, pumped up from a normal bike pump.
    >
    > Simon

  5. Johnny Klunk

    Johnny Klunk Guest

    >> I prefer the AirZound, though. It has the great advantage of not needing batteries.
    >> http://www.kinetics.org.uk/html/lighting___safety.html

    From the website... The horn clips onto your handlebar, and the bottle fits in a standard
    waterbottle cage

    So I've got my air-horn in one bottle cage, my lights-battery in another. Thats why they started
    making those water-bottle backpacks ;). To keep us gadget people from getting too thirsty

  6. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    I wrote:
    > I used to have a horn matching that description...

    I just remembered it was called a MegaHorn, which enabled me to Google for it. Does this look like
    what you're after? http://www.productinnovation.com/pages/megahorn.html

    http://www.supermotech.co.uk/anorak.htm says it's GBP8 from H*lf*rds.

    Thomas Paine

  7. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Johnny Klunk wrote:
    > So I've got my air-horn in one bottle cage, my lights-battery in another. Thats why they started
    > making those water-bottle backpacks ;). To keep us gadget people from getting too thirsty

    I did find it slightly frustrating only being able to carry 2 bottles on my wedgie because I had the
    AirZound reservoir in the third bottle cage.

    It's now velcroed to the rear triangle on my bent, leaving all 3 bottle cages free to hold water
    bottles (I almost got a bottle battery for my Lumicycles, until I came across a post pointing out
    that the bag battery fits easily in a pocket or a Camelbak).

    Thomas Paine

  8. News

    News Guest

    "Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I wrote:
    > > I used to have a horn matching that description...
    >
    > I just remembered it was called a MegaHorn, which enabled me to Google for it. Does this look like
    > what you're after? http://www.productinnovation.com/pages/megahorn.html
    >
    > http://www.supermotech.co.uk/anorak.htm says it's GBP8 from H*lf*rds.
    >
    > --
    > Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny ) Recumbent cycle page:
    > http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/ "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -
    > Thomas Paine

    perfect, thanks

  9. Simon Proven

    Simon Proven Guest

    News wrote:

    > "Simon Proven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>News wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi All,
    >>>
    >>>When I was at university - a fella used to ride around with a
    >
    > phenomenally
    >
    >>>loud (electric I think) push button horn, can anyone advise where I can
    >
    > buy
    >
    >>>one of these in the uk ?
    >>
    >>Try looking for an Air Zound II. Air powered, pumped up from a normal bike pump.
    >>
    >>Simon

    I've helpfully corrected your top-posting. Don't do it again ;-)

    > i would prefer something electric, any ideas ?

    I used to have such a thing. The Air Zound is much better.

    Simon

  10. Graham Glen

    Graham Glen Guest

  11. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Graham Glen wrote:
    > My son had one of those on his bike. An AirZound is much better (and much louder).

    I fully agree. But the OP specified that he wants an electric horn and isn't interested in an air
    horn - his choice.

    If I hadn't discovered the AirZound, I'd still be using the MegaHorn and recommending them to anyone
    who'd listen.

    Thomas Paine

  12. Gonzalez

    Gonzalez Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:

    >Graham Glen wrote:
    >> My son had one of those on his bike. An AirZound is much better (and much louder).
    >
    >I fully agree. But the OP specified that he wants an electric horn and isn't interested in an air
    >horn - his choice.
    >
    >If I hadn't discovered the AirZound, I'd still be using the MegaHorn and recommending them to
    >anyone who'd listen.

    I use a megahorn. The rubber perished within one year, so it's now held on with string. In extreme
    wet (eg Pyrenean storms) the horn sounds like a constipated duck's quack.
    --
    remove remove to reply