Really Loud Horn

News

Guest
Hi All,

When I was at university - a fella used to ride around with a phenomenally loud (electric I think)
push button horn, can anyone advise where I can buy one of these in the uk ?

Thanks,

James

News wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> When I was at university - a fella used to ride around with a phenomenally loud (electric I think)
> push button horn, can anyone advise where I can buy one of these in the uk ?

Try looking for an Air Zound II. Air powered, pumped up from a normal bike pump.

Simon

News wrote:
> When I was at university - a fella used to ride around with a phenomenally loud (electric I think)
> push button horn, can anyone advise where I can buy one of these in the uk ?

I used to have a horn matching that description when I was at university (it was on my bike when it
was stolen in 1994). I believe they're still available from H*lf*rds for around a tenner. It took a
PP3 battery IIRC.

I prefer the AirZound, though. It has the great advantage of not needing batteries.
http://www.kinetics.org.uk/html/lighting___safety.html

Thomas Paine

i would prefer something electric, any ideas ?

"Simon Proven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> News wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > When I was at university - a fella used to ride around with a
phenomenally
> > loud (electric I think) push button horn, can anyone advise where I can
buy
> > one of these in the uk ?
>
> Try looking for an Air Zound II. Air powered, pumped up from a normal bike pump.
>
> Simon

>> I prefer the AirZound, though. It has the great advantage of not needing batteries.
>> http://www.kinetics.org.uk/html/lighting___safety.html

From the website... The horn clips onto your handlebar, and the bottle fits in a standard
waterbottle cage

So I've got my air-horn in one bottle cage, my lights-battery in another. Thats why they started
making those water-bottle backpacks ;). To keep us gadget people from getting too thirsty

I wrote:
> I used to have a horn matching that description...

I just remembered it was called a MegaHorn, which enabled me to Google for it. Does this look like
what you're after? http://www.productinnovation.com/pages/megahorn.html

http://www.supermotech.co.uk/anorak.htm says it's GBP8 from H*lf*rds.

Thomas Paine

Johnny Klunk wrote:
> So I've got my air-horn in one bottle cage, my lights-battery in another. Thats why they started
> making those water-bottle backpacks ;). To keep us gadget people from getting too thirsty

I did find it slightly frustrating only being able to carry 2 bottles on my wedgie because I had the
AirZound reservoir in the third bottle cage.

It's now velcroed to the rear triangle on my bent, leaving all 3 bottle cages free to hold water
bottles (I almost got a bottle battery for my Lumicycles, until I came across a post pointing out
that the bag battery fits easily in a pocket or a Camelbak).

Thomas Paine

"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I wrote:
> > I used to have a horn matching that description...
>
> I just remembered it was called a MegaHorn, which enabled me to Google for it. Does this look like
> what you're after? http://www.productinnovation.com/pages/megahorn.html
>
> http://www.supermotech.co.uk/anorak.htm says it's GBP8 from H*lf*rds.
>
> --
> Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny ) Recumbent cycle page:
> http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/ "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -
> Thomas Paine

perfect, thanks

News wrote:

> "Simon Proven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>News wrote:
>>
>>>Hi All,
>>>
>>>When I was at university - a fella used to ride around with a
>
> phenomenally
>
>>>loud (electric I think) push button horn, can anyone advise where I can
>
> buy
>
>>>one of these in the uk ?
>>
>>Try looking for an Air Zound II. Air powered, pumped up from a normal bike pump.
>>
>>Simon

I've helpfully corrected your top-posting. Don't do it again ;-)

> i would prefer something electric, any ideas ?

I used to have such a thing. The Air Zound is much better.

Simon

Graham Glen wrote:
> My son had one of those on his bike. An AirZound is much better (and much louder).

I fully agree. But the OP specified that he wants an electric horn and isn't interested in an air
horn - his choice.

If I hadn't discovered the AirZound, I'd still be using the MegaHorn and recommending them to anyone
who'd listen.

Thomas Paine

Danny Colyer wrote:

>Graham Glen wrote:
>> My son had one of those on his bike. An AirZound is much better (and much louder).
>
>I fully agree. But the OP specified that he wants an electric horn and isn't interested in an air
>horn - his choice.
>
>If I hadn't discovered the AirZound, I'd still be using the MegaHorn and recommending them to
>anyone who'd listen.

I use a megahorn. The rubber perished within one year, so it's now held on with string. In extreme
wet (eg Pyrenean storms) the horn sounds like a constipated duck's quack.
--
remove remove to reply