Really need some advice

amain15

Jul 24, 2010
I'm thinking about getting into road biking, I've found two bike that I've been told are very solid bikes. I just can't choose which bike. The first is a used 2005 Felt f-80 56cm( 5'11" and have been told that's about right for my height) it was used for a season and a half the seller said it had about 2000 miles on it and said it was in great shape. He wants $500 the specs are here. The next bike is a new 2008 Schwinn fastback Comp with all Tiagra, the rest of the specs are here they worked the price down to $750 from my local bike shop. however the Schwinn is a 57cm not sure how much difference that truly. So my question is which is the better bike and the better deal and which one would y'all suggest i get. Thanks for the advice and the time

amain15 said:
I'm thinking about getting into road biking, I've found two bike that I've been told are very solid bikes. I just can't choose which bike. The first is a used 2005 Felt f-80 56cm( 5'11" and have been told that's about right for my height) it was used for a season and a half the seller said it had about 2000 miles on it and said it was in great shape. He wants $500 the specs are here. The next bike is a new 2008 Schwinn fastback Comp with all Tiagra, the rest of the specs are here they worked the price down to $750 from my local bike shop. however the Schwinn is a 57cm not sure how much difference that truly. So my question is which is the better bike and the better deal and which one would y'all suggest i get. Thanks for the advice and the time
The difference in the size of the 57cm Schwinn & the 56cm Felt is inconsequential, IMO ...

If the seller of FELT is will to come down to ~$400, then it would be worth considering ...

Otherwise, I'd pony up the extra money for the NOS Schwinn.

Have you been fitted to a frame size? I would hit up your local shop and get fitted, then you know what to look.
I would vote for the Felt if it is the right size.