Really psyched to lead this ride

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Claire Petersky, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Yesterday I did a trial run of the following club ride:
    <http://www.cascade.org/EandR/Activities_Calendar_RDetail.cfm?eventID=465>

    I had to put the announcement for the ride out ridiculously early (as usual) and so I wasn't quite
    sure exactly what the ride would be when I wrote it. I had an idea though -- I know lots of little
    trail snippets throughout this end of town with real rubber-on-dirt experience. Other trails I had
    heard of, but had never had the excuse to check them out. One day I got out the Bicycling in
    Bellevue map that the city provides and marked all the trails I wanted to use on the ride. Then I
    connected them all up with pavement.

    Yesterday, I got a chance to ride it (before it started to pour rain, too). What a BLAST! I can not
    wait to lead this ride for the club. Two of the trails are a little scary with my road bike with
    cyclocross tires; the rest are just fine with that kind of set-up. I've now written up the cue sheet
    (which rates each trail according to difficulty, and gives pavement options if you're not confident
    about being on dirt), and am ready to go. I wish I could lead it next weekend, rather than having to
    wait all the way until March!

    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky ([email protected]) Home of the meditative cyclist at:

  2. Cleanbean

    Cleanbean Guest

    > Yesterday I did a trial run of the following club ride:
    > <http://www.cascade.org/EandR/Activities_Calendar_RDetail.cfm?eventID=465>
    >
    > Snip>
    > Warm Regards,
    >

    > Claire Petersky ([email protected]) Home of the meditative cyclist at:
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~cpetersky/Welcome.htm

    Sounds like fun! We had a road race last weekend and they had a 4 mile section of dirt road. Many
    flatted out but the ones who read the fine print used larger tires. Believe it or not racers
    actually requested more dirt roads!

    Cleanbean in Texas

  3. Dane Jackson

    Dane Jackson Guest

    In rec.bicycles.misc Claire Petersky <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Yesterday I did a trial run of the following club ride:
    > <http://www.cascade.org/EandR/Activities_Calendar_RDetail.cfm?eventID=465>
    >
    > Yesterday, I got a chance to ride it (before it started to pour rain, too). What a BLAST! I can
    > not wait to lead this ride for the club. Two of the trails are a little scary with my road bike
    > with cyclocross tires; the rest are just fine with that kind of set-up. I've now written up the
    > cue sheet (which rates each trail according to difficulty, and gives pavement options if you're
    > not confident about being on dirt), and am ready to go. I wish I could lead it next weekend,
    > rather than having to wait all the way until March!

    It sounds interesting, but I don't imagine I'll be joining you on my road bike with 23c tires :-(
    [1]. I did rather enjoy the solstice ride last time.

    [1] I can't believe how many slow pinhole leaks I'm getting. I've checked the rim strip, the tire
    for bits stuck in it, the stem hole, etc. I don't think it's happening in the same place every
    time. Of course, maybe I should chuck the tire, it is kind of thin...

    --
    Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g This message was brought to you by Linux,
    the free unix. Windows without the X is like making love without a partner. Sex, Drugs & Linux Rules

  4. I'm really psyched to follow on this ride, Claire! I'll throw my offroad Cyclocross tires on!