rear casette

convert

Mar 4, 2004
Hi there, I have recently changed a chain on my bike and got the dreaded jumping chain syndrome, so I bought a new rear cassette of a little better quality and I still get the jumping on one cog ( the second smallest) I have ajusted the the deraillers, every thing seems fine but it still jumps. If I replace the wheel with one from another bike all is ok. Any Ideas? could the new cassette be defective? Any insight would be a great help.
Convert

Originally posted by convert
Hi there, I have recently changed a chain on my bike and got the dreaded jumping chain syndrome, so I bought a new rear cassette of a little better quality and I still get the jumping on one cog ( the second smallest) I have ajusted the the deraillers, every thing seems fine but it still jumps. If I replace the wheel with one from another bike all is ok. Any Ideas? could the new cassette be defective? Any insight would be a great help.
Convert

The cassette could be defective, but it is also possible that it isn't installed properly.
Take a close look at the spacing and orientation to insure that it is installed correctly before returning for replacement.