Rear Cassette click!

closesupport

Banned
Jul 18, 2004
Rear cassette clicking when the bike is rolling, i have just got my bike wheel back from the bike shop after a repair, now my Dura Ace cassette seems to have a Click Click when its rolling. i dont think it did before, could my rear cassete have been swapped for a different one or is there a reason that it has started doing this, if so how do i get rid of it :?

I hate the CLICK CLICK CLICK i prefare quiet, i find the sound so distracting?

please help

closesupport said:
Rear cassette clicking when the bike is rolling, i have just got my bike wheel back from the bike shop after a repair, now my Dura Ace cassette seems to have a Click Click when its rolling. i dont think it did before, could my rear cassete have been swapped for a different one or is there a reason that it has started doing this, if so how do i get rid of it :?

I hate the CLICK CLICK CLICK i prefare quiet, i find the sound so distracting?

please help

is the clicking when coasting or pedaling?

while coasting is normal and it should have done this before. it is not the cassette, but rather the freehub and is the pawls (ratcheting mechanism) inside the freehub. some are louder than others and i've heard some grease/lube and quiet this a bit, but it will not be eliminated.

if it's while pedaling, it sounds like your drivetrain needs adjustment and you should bring it back to your LBS that did the repairs and let them know.