Rear der too close to cassette

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jim, Apr 28, 2003.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    I have just installed and adjusted: Chorus Med cage rear der. centaur 13-29 rear cassette Chorus
    52/39 crankset

    When in biggest/big my RD cage/top jockey wheel "bobbles" and makes a racket I presume its too close
    to the sprocket. One shift down and smooth as silk, shift into the small front; ditto (in all gears)

    I have adjusted the "H" screw CCW all the way out to no avail. What should I do? I am leaning
    towards the chain being, maybe, one link too long, but I sized it (I think) properly.

    thanks

    jim

    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Er, that¹s 53/39

    "jim" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I have just installed and adjusted: Chorus Med cage rear der. centaur 13-29 rear cassette Chorus
    > 52/39 crankset
    >
    > When in biggest/big my RD cage/top jockey wheel "bobbles" and makes a racket I presume its too
    > close to the sprocket. One shift down and smooth as silk, shift into the small front; ditto (in
    > all gears)
    >
    > I have adjusted the "H" screw CCW all the way out to no avail. What should I do? I am leaning
    > towards the chain being, maybe, one link too long, but I sized it (I think) properly.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > jim
    >
    > [email protected]

    jim

    [email protected]

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    OK, when I say "H" screw I mean the screw labeled "H" in the Campy manual, Not The HI limit..I think
    its sometimes called the B adjust.

    Thanks for your patience

    "jim" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I have just installed and adjusted: Chorus Med cage rear der. centaur 13-29 rear cassette Chorus
    > 52/39 crankset
    >
    > When in biggest/big my RD cage/top jockey wheel "bobbles" and makes a racket I presume its too
    > close to the sprocket. One shift down and smooth as silk, shift into the small front; ditto (in
    > all gears)
    >
    > I have adjusted the "H" screw CCW all the way out to no avail. What should I do? I am leaning
    > towards the chain being, maybe, one link too long, but I sized it (I think) properly.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > jim
    >
    > [email protected]

    jim