Rear der too close to cassette

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jim, Apr 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim

Jim Guest

I have just installed and adjusted: Chorus Med cage rear der. centaur 13-29 rear cassette Chorus
    52/39 crankset

When in biggest/big my RD cage/top jockey wheel "bobbles" and makes a racket I presume its too close
    to the sprocket. One shift down and smooth as silk, shift into the small front; ditto (in all gears)

I have adjusted the "H" screw CCW all the way out to no avail. What should I do? I am leaning
    towards the chain being, maybe, one link too long, but I sized it (I think) properly.

thanks

jim

[email protected]

Tags:

2. Jim

Jim Guest

Er, that¹s 53/39

"jim" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have just installed and adjusted: Chorus Med cage rear der. centaur 13-29 rear cassette Chorus
    > 52/39 crankset
    >
    > When in biggest/big my RD cage/top jockey wheel "bobbles" and makes a racket I presume its too
    > close to the sprocket. One shift down and smooth as silk, shift into the small front; ditto (in
    > all gears)
    >
    > I have adjusted the "H" screw CCW all the way out to no avail. What should I do? I am leaning
    > towards the chain being, maybe, one link too long, but I sized it (I think) properly.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > jim
    >
    > [email protected]
    >
    >
    >

jim

[email protected]

3. Jim

Jim Guest

OK, when I say "H" screw I mean the screw labeled "H" in the Campy manual, Not The HI limit..I think
    its sometimes called the B adjust.

Thanks for your patience

"jim" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have just installed and adjusted: Chorus Med cage rear der. centaur 13-29 rear cassette Chorus
    > 52/39 crankset
    >
    > When in biggest/big my RD cage/top jockey wheel "bobbles" and makes a racket I presume its too
    > close to the sprocket. One shift down and smooth as silk, shift into the small front; ditto (in
    > all gears)
    >
    > I have adjusted the "H" screw CCW all the way out to no avail. What should I do? I am leaning
    > towards the chain being, maybe, one link too long, but I sized it (I think) properly.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > jim
    >
    > [email protected]
    >
    >
    >

jim

[email protected]

Thread Status: