Rear der too close to cassette

Jim

Guest
I have just installed and adjusted: Chorus Med cage rear der. centaur 13-29 rear cassette Chorus
52/39 crankset

When in biggest/big my RD cage/top jockey wheel "bobbles" and makes a racket I presume its too close
to the sprocket. One shift down and smooth as silk, shift into the small front; ditto (in all gears)

I have adjusted the "H" screw CCW all the way out to no avail. What should I do? I am leaning
towards the chain being, maybe, one link too long, but I sized it (I think) properly.

thanks

jim

[email protected]

Er, that¹s 53/39

"jim" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have just installed and adjusted: Chorus Med cage rear der. centaur 13-29 rear cassette Chorus
> 52/39 crankset
>
> When in biggest/big my RD cage/top jockey wheel "bobbles" and makes a racket I presume its too
> close to the sprocket. One shift down and smooth as silk, shift into the small front; ditto (in
> all gears)
>
> I have adjusted the "H" screw CCW all the way out to no avail. What should I do? I am leaning
> towards the chain being, maybe, one link too long, but I sized it (I think) properly.
>
> thanks
>
> jim
>
> [email protected]

jim

[email protected]

OK, when I say "H" screw I mean the screw labeled "H" in the Campy manual, Not The HI limit..I think
its sometimes called the B adjust.

Thanks for your patience

"jim" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have just installed and adjusted: Chorus Med cage rear der. centaur 13-29 rear cassette Chorus
> 52/39 crankset
>
> When in biggest/big my RD cage/top jockey wheel "bobbles" and makes a racket I presume its too
> close to the sprocket. One shift down and smooth as silk, shift into the small front; ditto (in
> all gears)
>
> I have adjusted the "H" screw CCW all the way out to no avail. What should I do? I am leaning
> towards the chain being, maybe, one link too long, but I sized it (I think) properly.
>
> thanks
>
> jim
>
> [email protected]

jim