Rear Derailler Probelm

jamberu

Dec 3, 2003
Hi. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help.

For some reason I decided it would be a good idea to give my Bike a good clean today. I have a Shimano Tiagra Rear Derailleur and I removed the plates and gave the pulleys a clean (I’m not even sure if that is a good idea!).

It all went back together fine but the pulleys just don’t seem to spin that well. I remember the bolts being tight but when I tighten them right up they hardly spin, if I slacken of the bolts they seem to move better but the plates don’t seem very secure.

So after all that I guess my question is whether there should be a lot of tension on these pulleys?

Thanks in advance,

Duncan

Originally posted by jamberu
Hi. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help.

For some reason I decided it would be a good idea to give my Bike a good clean today. I have a Shimano Tiagra Rear Derailleur and I removed the plates and gave the pulleys a clean (I’m not even sure if that is a good idea!).

It all went back together fine but the pulleys just don’t seem to spin that well. I remember the bolts being tight but when I tighten them right up they hardly spin, if I slacken of the bolts they seem to move better but the plates don’t seem very secure.

So after all that I guess my question is whether there should be a lot of tension on these pulleys?

Thanks in advance,

Duncan
There is a top pulley and a bottom pulley.The top one should have 'float;.The bolts should be tight.