Rear derailleur hanger replacement ! HELP !

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Veovis, Feb 15, 2004.

  1. Veovis

    Veovis Guest

    One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger. Now
    I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply put I am
    completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this replacement ?

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    veovis wrote:
    > One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
    > Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
    > put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
    > replacement ?

    What is this, a broken part on a Heep DH rig... can't be ;^ 0

    Just kidding bro. You'll probably have to get a hold of a Jeep dealer because hangers are frame
    specific parts, usually only available from a dealer.
    --
    Slacker

  3. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    http://derailleurhanger.com/

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  4. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    Slacker retorted :
    > veovis wrote:
    >> One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
    >> Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
    >> put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
    >> replacement ?
    >

    > What is this, a broken part on a Heep DH rig... can't be ;^ 0
    >
    > Just kidding bro. You'll probably have to get a hold of a Jeep dealer because hangers are frame
    > specific parts, usually only available from a dealer.

    um er, I thought those Jeep bikes were of the disposable variety..?

  5. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > veovis wrote:
    >> One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
    >> Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
    >> put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
    >> replacement ?
    >
    > http://derailleurhanger.com/

    Cool link. And I need to order a spare hanger for the i-drive.

    Have you done business with them? I can't find a telephone number or address anywhere on
    their website.
    --
    Slacker

  6. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Penny S wrote:
    > Slacker retorted :
    >> veovis wrote:
    >>> One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
    >>> Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
    >>> put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
    >>> replacement ?
    >>

    >> What is this, a broken part on a Heep DH rig... can't be ;^ 0
    >>
    >> Just kidding bro. You'll probably have to get a hold of a Jeep dealer because hangers are frame
    >> specific parts, usually only available from a dealer.
    >
    > um er, I thought those Jeep bikes were of the disposable variety..?

    Basically true, but if you don't have the disposable income, you gotta make do.
    --
    Slacker

  7. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    "Slacker" <[email protected]> had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > Penny S wrote:
    >> Slacker retorted :
    >>>

    >>> What is this, a broken part on a Heep DH rig... can't be ;^ 0
    >>>
    >>> Just kidding bro. You'll probably have to get a hold of a Jeep dealer because hangers are frame
    >>> specific parts, usually only available from a dealer.
    >>
    >> um er, I thought those Jeep bikes were of the disposable variety..?
    >

    > Basically true, but if you don't have the disposable income, you gotta make do.
    > --
    > Slacker

    Spounds like a Wal Mart bike ad.

  8. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry Guest

    Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > veovis wrote:
    >
    >>One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
    >>Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
    >>put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
    >>replacement ?
    >

    > http://derailleurhanger.com/

    No Shit?! Now that's Niche marketing!

    Shawn

  9. "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > > veovis wrote:
    > >> One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
    > >> Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
    > >> put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
    > >> replacement ?
    > >
    > > http://derailleurhanger.com/
    >

    > Cool link. And I need to order a spare hanger for the i-drive.
    >
    > Have you done business with them? I can't find a telephone number or
    address
    > anywhere on their website.
    > --
    > Slacker

    Try this page on their site. http://derailleurhanger.com/idontseemybike.htm

    John

  10. Veovis

    Veovis Guest

    thanks to everyone for helping... besides, at $2400 (price in the states) and 4000 miles far from
    there, a grand cherokee isn't exactly a disposable bike. i like its frame, dislike its breaks, a
    long etcetera, but ...

  11. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Slacker wrote:
    > Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    >> veovis wrote:
    >>> One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
    >>> Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
    >>> put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
    >>> replacement ?
    >>
    >> http://derailleurhanger.com/
    >

    > Cool link. And I need to order a spare hanger for the i-drive.
    >
    > Have you done business with them? I can't find a telephone number or address anywhere on their
    > website.

    Yes, I have. In fact I ordered and received 3 hangers for a GT XCR3000. I just ordered extras
    for my Yeti.

  12. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Shawn Curry wrote:
    > Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    >> veovis wrote:
    >>
    >>> One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
    >>> Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
    >>> put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
    >>> replacement ?
    >>

    >> http://derailleurhanger.com/
    >>
    > No Shit?! Now that's Niche marketing!
    >
    > Shawn

    I said the same thing. But, after waiting 2 months for GT to send me a hanger (which they never
    did), these guys came through in 5 days.

  13. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Penny S wrote:
    > Slacker retorted :
    >> veovis wrote:
    >>> One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
    >>> Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
    >>> put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
    >>> replacement ?
    >>

    >> What is this, a broken part on a Heep DH rig... can't be ;^ 0
    >>
    >> Just kidding bro. You'll probably have to get a hold of a Jeep dealer because hangers are frame
    >> specific parts, usually only available from a dealer.
    >
    > um er, I thought those Jeep bikes were of the disposable variety..?

    Actually, I heard that Specialized was remotely involved with these.
    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  14. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > Shawn Curry wrote:
    >
    >>Ride-A-Lot wrote:

    >>>http://derailleurhanger.com/
    >>>

    >>No Shit?! Now that's Niche marketing!
    >>
    >>Shawn
    >

    > I said the same thing. But, after waiting 2 months for GT to send me a hanger (which they never
    > did), these guys came through in 5 days.

    That's awesome. I hope they do well. If I ever get my DBR going again it would be nice to know a
    place like this exists.

    Greg

  15. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > Slacker wrote:
    >> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    >>
    >> Have you done business with them? I can't find a telephone number or address anywhere on their
    >> website.
    >
    > Yes, I have. In fact I ordered and received 3 hangers for a GT
    > XCR3000. I just ordered extras for my Yeti.

    Awesome! Thanks again for the link; I was just looking around town for a hanger and nobody had one.

    Gotta love those over the bars at 2 mph. One face first into a tree, which dented my top tube and
    nearly took out my front der. Several months later, same thing except no tree this time, but I did
    manage to take out my hanger. Can't wait to try out my "new trick" on the Turner ;^ )
    --
    Slacker

  16. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Slacker wrote:
    > Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    >
    >>Slacker wrote:
    >>
    >>>Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Have you done business with them? I can't find a telephone number or address anywhere on their
    >>>website.
    >>
    >>Yes, I have. In fact I ordered and received 3 hangers for a GT
    >>XCR3000. I just ordered extras for my Yeti.
    >

    > Awesome! Thanks again for the link; I was just looking around town for a hanger and nobody
    > had one.
    >
    > Gotta love those over the bars at 2 mph. One face first into a tree, which dented my top tube and
    > nearly took out my front der. Several months later, same thing except no tree this time, but I did
    > manage to take out my hanger. Can't wait to try out my "new trick" on the Turner ;^ )

    Yes you can.

    Greg

  17. Gazzer

    Gazzer Guest

    [email protected] (veovis) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
    > Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
    > put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
    > replacement ?

    putting an xtr part on a jeep bike is like putting a tiara on a dog turd.

    cheers

  18. Veovis

    Veovis Guest

    [email protected] (gazzer) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > putting an xtr part on a jeep bike is like putting a tiara on a dog turd.
    >
    > cheers g

    mh.. not only rear but also front der., hollowtech crankset, shifters, .. did you ever ride this
    bike (grnd cherokee) ? why do you dislike it so much, g ?

  19. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > [email protected] (gazzer) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > > putting an xtr part on a jeep bike is like putting a tiara on a dog turd.
    > >
    > > cheers g
    >
    > mh.. not only rear but also front der., hollowtech crankset, shifters, .. did you ever ride this
    > bike (grnd cherokee) ? why do you dislike it so much, g ?

    Apparently there is a high end bike maker with bikes that they are branding "Jeep", there was also a
    CRAP bike manufacturer making disposable "Jeep" bikes for greater dept. stores everywhere.
    --
    _________________________

  20. Gazzer

    Gazzer Guest

    [email protected] (veovis) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (gazzer) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > > putting an xtr part on a jeep bike is like putting a tiara on a dog turd.
    > >
    > > cheers g
    >
    > mh.. not only rear but also front der., hollowtech crankset, shifters, .. did you ever ride this
    > bike (grnd cherokee) ? why do you dislike it so much, g ?

    If you buy a Jeep bike, it's because you're a beginner that hasn't researched purchasing a mountain
    bike in a sensible way,and if you're a beginner you really ,really don't want a downhill bike. Jeep
    are OK selling mock downhill bikes to novices because they know very little about mountain biking,
    and lots about selling innapropriate machinery to city dwellers with a hankering for that good ol
    outdoor style.

    For 2400 bucks you could have got a really nice trail bike that would last you for years and allow
    you to improve your skills. Sell the Jeep quick, although you may find this difficult, take the
    money to a real bike shop, and ask them to save your soul.

    cheers