Rear derailleur hanger replacement ! HELP !

Veovis

Guest
One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger. Now
I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply put I am
completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this replacement ?

veovis wrote:
> One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
> Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
> put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
> replacement ?

What is this, a broken part on a Heep DH rig... can't be ;^ 0

Just kidding bro. You'll probably have to get a hold of a Jeep dealer because hangers are frame
specific parts, usually only available from a dealer.
--
Slacker

http://derailleurhanger.com/

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Slacker retorted :
> veovis wrote:
>> One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
>> Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
>> put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
>> replacement ?
>

> What is this, a broken part on a Heep DH rig... can't be ;^ 0
>
> Just kidding bro. You'll probably have to get a hold of a Jeep dealer because hangers are frame
> specific parts, usually only available from a dealer.

um er, I thought those Jeep bikes were of the disposable variety..?

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> veovis wrote:
>> One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
>> Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
>> put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
>> replacement ?
>
> http://derailleurhanger.com/

Cool link. And I need to order a spare hanger for the i-drive.

Have you done business with them? I can't find a telephone number or address anywhere on
their website.
--
Slacker

Penny S wrote:
> Slacker retorted :
>> veovis wrote:
>>> One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
>>> Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
>>> put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
>>> replacement ?
>>

>> What is this, a broken part on a Heep DH rig... can't be ;^ 0
>>
>> Just kidding bro. You'll probably have to get a hold of a Jeep dealer because hangers are frame
>> specific parts, usually only available from a dealer.
>
> um er, I thought those Jeep bikes were of the disposable variety..?

Basically true, but if you don't have the disposable income, you gotta make do.
--
Slacker

"Slacker" <[email protected]> had this to say
news:[email protected]

> Penny S wrote:
>> Slacker retorted :
>>>

>>> What is this, a broken part on a Heep DH rig... can't be ;^ 0
>>>
>>> Just kidding bro. You'll probably have to get a hold of a Jeep dealer because hangers are frame
>>> specific parts, usually only available from a dealer.
>>
>> um er, I thought those Jeep bikes were of the disposable variety..?
>

> Basically true, but if you don't have the disposable income, you gotta make do.
> --
> Slacker

Spounds like a Wal Mart bike ad.

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> veovis wrote:
>
>>One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
>>Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
>>put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
>>replacement ?
>

> http://derailleurhanger.com/

No ****?! Now that's Niche marketing!

Shawn

> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> > veovis wrote:
> >> One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
> >> Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
> >> put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
> >> replacement ?
> >
> > http://derailleurhanger.com/
>

> Cool link. And I need to order a spare hanger for the i-drive.
>
> Have you done business with them? I can't find a telephone number or
address
> anywhere on their website.
> --
> Slacker

Try this page on their site. http://derailleurhanger.com/idontseemybike.htm

John

thanks to everyone for helping... besides, at $2400 (price in the states) and 4000 miles far from
there, a grand cherokee isn't exactly a disposable bike. i like its frame, dislike its breaks, a
long etcetera, but ...

Slacker wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> veovis wrote:
>>> One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
>>> Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
>>> put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
>>> replacement ?
>>
>> http://derailleurhanger.com/
>

> Cool link. And I need to order a spare hanger for the i-drive.
>
> Have you done business with them? I can't find a telephone number or address anywhere on their
> website.

Yes, I have. In fact I ordered and received 3 hangers for a GT XCR3000. I just ordered extras
for my Yeti.

Shawn Curry wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> veovis wrote:
>>
>>> One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
>>> Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
>>> put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
>>> replacement ?
>>

>> http://derailleurhanger.com/
>>
> No ****?! Now that's Niche marketing!
>
> Shawn

I said the same thing. But, after waiting 2 months for GT to send me a hanger (which they never
did), these guys came through in 5 days.

Penny S wrote:
> Slacker retorted :
>> veovis wrote:
>>> One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
>>> Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
>>> put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
>>> replacement ?
>>

>> What is this, a broken part on a Heep DH rig... can't be ;^ 0
>>
>> Just kidding bro. You'll probably have to get a hold of a Jeep dealer because hangers are frame
>> specific parts, usually only available from a dealer.
>
> um er, I thought those Jeep bikes were of the disposable variety..?

Actually, I heard that Specialized was remotely involved with these.
--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Shawn Curry wrote:
>
>>Ride-A-Lot wrote:

>>>http://derailleurhanger.com/
>>>

>>No ****?! Now that's Niche marketing!
>>
>>Shawn
>

> I said the same thing. But, after waiting 2 months for GT to send me a hanger (which they never
> did), these guys came through in 5 days.

That's awesome. I hope they do well. If I ever get my DBR going again it would be nice to know a
place like this exists.

Greg

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Slacker wrote:
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>
>> Have you done business with them? I can't find a telephone number or address anywhere on their
>> website.
>
> Yes, I have. In fact I ordered and received 3 hangers for a GT
> XCR3000. I just ordered extras for my Yeti.

Awesome! Thanks again for the link; I was just looking around town for a hanger and nobody had one.

Gotta love those over the bars at 2 mph. One face first into a tree, which dented my top tube and
nearly took out my front der. Several months later, same thing except no tree this time, but I did
manage to take out my hanger. Can't wait to try out my "new trick" on the Turner ;^ )
--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>>Slacker wrote:
>>
>>>Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>>
>>>Have you done business with them? I can't find a telephone number or address anywhere on their
>>>website.
>>
>>Yes, I have. In fact I ordered and received 3 hangers for a GT
>>XCR3000. I just ordered extras for my Yeti.
>

> Awesome! Thanks again for the link; I was just looking around town for a hanger and nobody
> had one.
>
> Gotta love those over the bars at 2 mph. One face first into a tree, which dented my top tube and
> nearly took out my front der. Several months later, same thing except no tree this time, but I did
> manage to take out my hanger. Can't wait to try out my "new trick" on the Turner ;^ )

Yes you can.

Greg

[email protected] (veovis) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> One of my bikes, a DH Jeep Grand Cherokee, has broken its rear (Shimano XTR) derailleur hanger.
> Now I am looking for its replacement, first time in my whole life for such a part... and simply
> put I am completely lost. Could any one out there please HELP me finding / searching this
> replacement ?

putting an xtr part on a jeep bike is like putting a tiara on a dog turd.

cheers

[email protected] (gazzer) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> putting an xtr part on a jeep bike is like putting a tiara on a dog turd.
>
> cheers g

mh.. not only rear but also front der., hollowtech crankset, shifters, .. did you ever ride this
bike (grnd cherokee) ? why do you dislike it so much, g ?

> [email protected] (gazzer) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> > putting an xtr part on a jeep bike is like putting a tiara on a dog turd.
> >
> > cheers g
>
> mh.. not only rear but also front der., hollowtech crankset, shifters, .. did you ever ride this
> bike (grnd cherokee) ? why do you dislike it so much, g ?

Apparently there is a high end bike maker with bikes that they are branding "Jeep", there was also a
**** bike manufacturer making disposable "Jeep" bikes for greater dept. stores everywhere.
--
_________________________

[email protected] (veovis) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (gazzer) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> > putting an xtr part on a jeep bike is like putting a tiara on a dog turd.
> >
> > cheers g
>
> mh.. not only rear but also front der., hollowtech crankset, shifters, .. did you ever ride this
> bike (grnd cherokee) ? why do you dislike it so much, g ?

If you buy a Jeep bike, it's because you're a beginner that hasn't researched purchasing a mountain
bike in a sensible way,and if you're a beginner you really ,really don't want a downhill bike. Jeep
are OK selling mock downhill bikes to novices because they know very little about mountain biking,
and lots about selling innapropriate machinery to city dwellers with a hankering for that good ol
outdoor style.

For 2400 bucks you could have got a really nice trail bike that would last you for years and allow
you to improve your skills. Sell the Jeep quick, although you may find this difficult, take the
money to a real bike shop, and ask them to save your soul.

cheers