Rear Disc hub with 130mm OLN

Ian

Guest
I would like to use a 135mm hub (Shimano FH-M525-L) on a alloy frame with 132.5 spacing.
If I replace the 2.3mm and the 3.2mm washers with .5 mm this would give me
130.5mm OLN.
Another solution I have found is to buy a DT-240 (135mm) hub and use the
"Rear axle-adaptor cap" to bring it down to the required 130mm. This way it costs mega
bucks :-(
Would the cheaper option work and be safe or has someone been there and have a
recommendation for a 130mm OLN disc drive rear hub.

Ian

Ian wrote:
> I would like to use a 135mm hub (Shimano FH-M525-L) on a alloy frame
> with 132.5 spacing. If I replace the 2.3mm and the 3.2mm washers with
> .5 mm this would give me 130.5mm OLN. Another solution I have found
> is to buy a DT-240 (135mm) hub and use the "Rear axle-adaptor cap" to
> bring it down to the required 130mm. This way it costs mega bucks :-(

The thing I would check is where the disc ends up relative to the
caliper and frame if you take the washers off. The caliper will need to
move over 2-3mm, which may or may not be possible depending on the
position of the mounts, and the edge of the disc might want to sit
inside the chain or seat stay rather than close to it. Since the answer
depends on the hub, disc and frame details the only answer is by careful
measurement or trying it.

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

Thanks fo that, I would have never considered that!
Anyway Airbourne have come back to me and said the reason the frome is 132.5mm is
so it can accomodate both 130mm and 135mm OLN hubs.
If it fails I will be back on the case with them.
Ian