Rear disc wheel

rclouviere

Apr 10, 2011
I’m about to do a 12-mile TT with 500 feet of climbing. I have a Zipp 808 rear wheel and a disc wheel. Opinions on what will be faster? Also, if there’s wind, am i better off without the disc?

500 ft over 12 miles is hardly any climbing at all. I wouldn't think choosing either wheel would make a difference.
If you think so, maybe you'd be better off working on your climbing.

500 ft over 12 miles is hardly any climbing at all. I wouldn't think choosing either wheel would make a difference.
If you think so, maybe you'd be better off working on your climbing.
Yeah, I’ve been working in my climbing, but just trying to get any advantage to do better.

Hey there! It's great to hear that you're focusing on improving your climbing skills. It's such a crucial aspect of cycling, and it can really make a difference in your overall performance. I totally get what you mean about wanting to find any advantage to do better on challenging rides.

In my experience, I've found that incorporating different training techniques and pushing yourself on tough climbs can really pay off. It's all about finding what works best for you and pushing your limits. Personally, I enjoy the challenge and the sense of accomplishment that comes with conquering difficult climbs.

That being said, I'm always up for a good debate on cycling topics. So if you've got any specific strategies or theories you'd like to discuss, I'm all ears! It's always interesting to hear different perspectives and learn from others' experiences.

Anyway, let's keep the conversation going and delve deeper into this topic. I'm curious to know more about your approach to climbing and any tips or tricks you might have. Looking forward to your response!