Rear Light

Sam Salt

Guest
Hit the big five zero in a couple of weeks and the present Mrs Salt is treating me to a new rear
rack.Decided on the Tubus Cosmo ( stainless steel one ).There is a plate to attach a rear light but
my present lights fixing bolts are 80mm apart and the fixing holes on the new rack are 50mm apart (
new standard apparently ) so it looks like a new light.I thought about drilling the rack to fit this
one ,but its new,might make a b******s etc.

Has anyone any recommendations for rack rear lights,not dynamo just batteries.Have looked at Busch &
Muller ones but there is nowt better than a personal recommendation.Bike is a Galaxy by the way.

Sam Salt

---

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:12:08 +0000 (UTC), "Sam Salt"
<[email protected]> wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>Has anyone any recommendations for rack rear lights,not dynamo just batteries.Have looked at Busch
>& Muller ones but there is nowt better than a personal recommendation.Bike is a Galaxy by the way.

Busch & Muller 4D Toplight, plus a flashing thing or three, say I.

--
Guy
===

I've got one of these as a main rear light attached to the rack on Gino.

See

http://www.gearshift.co.uk/acatalog/info_B902R4.html

Basta Automatic Rack Light £18.00 It has automatic on/off when ambient lighting and movement
permit.,Suits racks with 50mm drillings. Has integral rear reflector.

It is a very bright rear light. I also use a bog-standard BS rear light, lots of reflectors and
flashing LED.

The offspring has one on his rack on his tourer. Which is how I found out just how bright the light
is, as he sped off into the distance in front of me...

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

> I've got one of these as a main rear light attached to the rack on Gino.
>
> See
>
> http://www.gearshift.co.uk/acatalog/info_B902R4.html
>
> Basta Automatic Rack Light £18.00 It has automatic on/off when ambient lighting and movement
> permit.,Suits racks with 50mm drillings. Has integral rear reflector.
>
> It is a very bright rear light. I also use a bog-standard BS rear light, lots of reflectors and
> flashing LED.
>
> The offspring has one on his rack on his tourer. Which is how I found out just how bright the
> light is, as he sped off into the distance in front of me...
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get correct one remove dependency on fame &
> fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sam Salt

---