Rear Light

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Sam Salt, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Sam Salt

    Sam Salt Guest

    Hit the big five zero in a couple of weeks and the present Mrs Salt is treating me to a new rear
    rack.Decided on the Tubus Cosmo ( stainless steel one ).There is a plate to attach a rear light but
    my present lights fixing bolts are 80mm apart and the fixing holes on the new rack are 50mm apart (
    new standard apparently ) so it looks like a new light.I thought about drilling the rack to fit this
    one ,but its new,might make a b******s etc.

    Has anyone any recommendations for rack rear lights,not dynamo just batteries.Have looked at Busch &
    Muller ones but there is nowt better than a personal recommendation.Bike is a Galaxy by the way.

    Sam Salt

    ---

  2. Just zis Guy

    Just zis Guy Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:12:08 +0000 (UTC), "Sam Salt"
    <[email protected]> wrote in message <[email protected]>:

    >Has anyone any recommendations for rack rear lights,not dynamo just batteries.Have looked at Busch
    >& Muller ones but there is nowt better than a personal recommendation.Bike is a Galaxy by the way.

    Busch & Muller 4D Toplight, plus a flashing thing or three, say I.

    --
    Guy
    ===

  3. I've got one of these as a main rear light attached to the rack on Gino.

    See

    http://www.gearshift.co.uk/acatalog/info_B902R4.html

    Basta Automatic Rack Light £18.00 It has automatic on/off when ambient lighting and movement
    permit.,Suits racks with 50mm drillings. Has integral rear reflector.

    It is a very bright rear light. I also use a bog-standard BS rear light, lots of reflectors and
    flashing LED.

    The offspring has one on his rack on his tourer. Which is how I found out just how bright the light
    is, as he sped off into the distance in front of me...

    Cheers, helen s

  4. Sam Salt

    Sam Salt Guest

    > I've got one of these as a main rear light attached to the rack on Gino.
    >
    > See
    >
    > http://www.gearshift.co.uk/acatalog/info_B902R4.html
    >
    > Basta Automatic Rack Light £18.00 It has automatic on/off when ambient lighting and movement
    > permit.,Suits racks with 50mm drillings. Has integral rear reflector.
    >
    > It is a very bright rear light. I also use a bog-standard BS rear light, lots of reflectors and
    > flashing LED.
    >
    > The offspring has one on his rack on his tourer. Which is how I found out just how bright the
    > light is, as he sped off into the distance in front of me...
    >
    > Cheers, helen s
    >

    > --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get correct one remove dependency on fame &
    > fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**[email protected]$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

    Thanks for the suggestions.

    Sam Salt

    ---