rear shock replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maxime Simard

Hi, i'm currently looking for a rear shock replacement for my bullit 2000. There a couple of new
model available for 2003, and one of them is the 5th element. I need a RELIABLE shock and i'm
wondering did any of you guy's has anything to says on the 5th element. Is it tought enought for
serious riding. I know there a air leak probleme, or sort of with it. In 2003 is this probleme has
been corrected. And the preload ring. I've heard that it broke sometimes and they did a bigger one
for replacement. I just wanted to know your thought on the subject.....

ps: sorry for the bad english , i'm a frenchy ...

"maxime simard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, i'm currently looking for a rear shock replacement for my bullit 2000. There a couple of new
> model available for 2003, and one of them is the 5th element. I need a RELIABLE shock and i'm
> wondering did any of you guy's
has
> anything to says on the 5th element. Is it tought enought for serious riding. I know there a air
> leak probleme, or sort of with it. In 2003 is this probleme has been corrected. And the preload
> ring. I've heard that it broke sometimes and they did a bigger one for replacement. I just wanted
to
> know your thought on the subject.....

Jim rides a 2002 with a 5th Element. It takes forever to set it up right for the rider, but once you
get it dialed in, its like riding on clouds. You should check the air pressure before every ride, it
does tend to leak a couple of pounds or so, from time to time. You should check air pressure in any
shock anyways, before a ride.

I ride a 2000 with a new Fox Vanilla RC. The bike also rides like a dream and doesn't require the
Phd degree required for setting up like the 5th Element. However, you can upgrade it to make it feel
like a 5th Element:

http://www.eastsidefreeride.com/esfr/stories/fox_progressive.shtml

So, it all depends on how much you are willing to spend for your rear shock and if you feel
its worth it.

> ps: sorry for the bad english , i'm a frenchy ...

Frog :)

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "maxime simard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> And the preload ring. I've heard that it
> > broke sometimes and they did a bigger one for replacement. I just wanted
> to
> > know your thought on the subject.....
>
> Jim rides a 2002 with a 5th Element. It takes forever to set it up right
for
> the rider, but once you get it dialed in, its like riding on clouds. You should check the air
> pressure before every ride, it does tend to leak a couple of pounds or so, from time to time. You
> should check air pressure
in
> any shock anyways, before a ride.

Or buy coil and be done with it ',;~}

> I ride a 2000 with a new Fox Vanilla RC. The bike also rides like a dream and doesn't require the
> Phd degree required for setting up like the 5th Element. However, you can upgrade it to make it
> feel like a 5th Element:
>
> http://www.eastsidefreeride.com/esfr/stories/fox_progressive.shtml
>
> So, it all depends on how much you are willing to spend for your rear
shock
> and if you feel its worth it.
>
> > ps: sorry for the bad english , i'm a frenchy ...
>
> Frog :)

Ribbit cos it's a frog?

Shaun aRe - this was a ribbiting post...

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> Hi, i'm currently looking for a rear shock replacement for my bullit 2000. There a couple of new
> model available for 2003, and one of them is the 5th element. I need a RELIABLE shock and i'm
> wondering did any of you guy's has anything to says on the 5th element. Is it tought enought for
> serious riding. I know there a air leak probleme, or sort of with it. In 2003 is this probleme has
> been corrected. And the preload ring. I've heard that it broke sometimes and they did a bigger one
> for replacement. I just wanted to know your thought on the subject.....
>
> ps: sorry for the bad english , i'm a frenchy ...
>
>
>

If you want reliable you are looking for a coil over. Fox would be a good choice but I've been
running this giant manufactured OEM shock for almost two years now and it's been great.
--

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> I ride a 2000 with a new Fox Vanilla RC. The bike also rides like a dream and doesn't require the
> Phd degree required for setting up like the 5th Element. However, you can upgrade it to make it
> feel like a 5th Element:
>
> http://www.eastsidefreeride.com/esfr/stories/fox_progressive.shtml
>
> So, it all depends on how much you are willing to spend for your rear
shock
> and if you feel its worth it.
>

...and you've known about this little secret how long? I emailed Fox to see if they offered the
service in the US.

Mike

"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > I ride a 2000 with a new Fox Vanilla RC. The bike also rides like a
dream
> > and doesn't require the Phd degree required for setting up like the 5th Element. However, you
> > can upgrade it to make it feel like a 5th Element:
> >
> > http://www.eastsidefreeride.com/esfr/stories/fox_progressive.shtml
> >
> > So, it all depends on how much you are willing to spend for your rear
> shock
> > and if you feel its worth it.
> >
>
> ...and you've known about this little secret how long? I emailed Fox to
see
> if they offered the service in the US.
>
> Mike

Why not contact Velocycle? You would do pretty good on the exchange rate. Post about what Fox
responded to you, if you get an answer...

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.