Rear shock with lockout upgrade

mikefrommi

Jul 25, 2003
Contemplating upgrading my rear Rockshox Sid shock (6.5" eye to eye, 1.5" travel) with an alternate shock with a lockout, preferably one with a remote lockout. Would give up the remote lockout for one that is more reliable (not having to pump it up all the time or having to rebuild it all the time). I am looking to lock out the shock on some of the flatter trails so that I don't get the "bounce" when I go over some little rises when sitting on my fat butt. I am an average rider @ 200 lbs. I don't do dropoffs or jumps higher than 18". I occasionally will hit a logpile and get some air but not very high (that gravity stuff sucks).

Looking for some input (good or bad) from those of you who have lockout rear shocks.

Thanks - Mike

As far as I know Fox is the only one with a remote lockout option and they one of the most reliable too. All of my bikes have always had a lockout rear shock because thats what they come with but quite honestly unless you have a very lousy ineficient FS you will never bother to use it unless riding road maybe.