Rear SID needed.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Brian Sheeres, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. I need to replace the rear Rock Shox SID on my trusty 2001 Litespeed Unicoi. But I'm having the
    damnedest time trying to find who sells these things. It's unique in that it does not have the
    bottom eye, the post clamps into a coupling. Anyone know where I can purchase one? Or who makes a
    replacement to the Rock Shox brand?

    TIA.

    Brian

    Tags:

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Brian Sheeres" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I need to replace the rear Rock Shox SID on my trusty 2001 Litespeed
    Unicoi.
    > But I'm having the damnedest time trying to find who sells these things. It's unique in that it
    > does not have the bottom eye, the post clamps into
    > coupling. Anyone know where I can purchase one? Or who makes a replacement to the Rock Shox brand?

    It's 1:15 AM where Carla is, so I'll fill in for her:

    "E-mail Litespeed and ask them."

    Bill "or Rockshox, or Colorado Cyclist, or..." S.

  3. I had received excellent service from Litespeed support in the past, so that was the first avenue I
    tried. The Litespeed guy gave me a Rockshox contact and wished me luck, lamenting that even they
    were having trouble with RockShox support! Dead-end.

    Then I turned over every page on the whole freakin web. Nada.

    I wanted to bypass my LBS but desperate times...yada yada yada..

    Thanks.

    news:D[email protected]...
    > "Brian Sheeres" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I need to replace the rear Rock Shox SID on my trusty 2001 Litespeed
    > Unicoi.
    > > But I'm having the damnedest time trying to find who sells these things. It's unique in that it
    > > does not have the bottom eye, the post clamps
    into
    > > coupling. Anyone know where I can purchase one? Or who makes a
    replacement
    > > to the Rock Shox brand?
    >
    > It's 1:15 AM where Carla is, so I'll fill in for her:
    >
    > "E-mail Litespeed and ask them."
    >
    > Bill "or Rockshox, or Colorado Cyclist, or..." S.

  4. Super Slinky

    Super Slinky Guest

    Brian Sheeres said...

    > I need to replace the rear Rock Shox SID on my trusty 2001 Litespeed Unicoi. But I'm having the
    > damnedest time trying to find who sells these things. It's unique in that it does not have the
    > bottom eye, the post clamps into a coupling. Anyone know where I can purchase one? Or who makes a
    > replacement to the Rock Shox brand?

    http://www.canecreek.com/site/product/shocks/info/fitment/l.html

    You can get a Cane Creek AD-12 as a replacement. Probably made better than the SID.

  5. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > I had received excellent service from Litespeed support in the past, so that was the first avenue
    > I tried. The Litespeed guy gave me a Rockshox contact and wished me luck, lamenting that even they
    > were having trouble with RockShox support! Dead-end.
    >
    > Then I turned over every page on the whole freakin web. Nada.
    >
    > I wanted to bypass my LBS but desperate times...yada yada yada..
    >
    > Thanks.

    RS Support: "Parts for a three year old Rock Shox? We never heard of it."

    --