Rear suspension (tech data)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Slacker, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > All you ever wanted to know and then some....
    >
    > http://www.mtbcomprador.com/pa/english/

    Dang, this is better than I thought http://www.mtbcomprador.com/pa/english/Chapters%20and%20Documen-
    ts/Path%20Analysis%20-%20Chapter%20I.htm#An_Note_on_Braking

    Bastards, I knew it was BS, I just didn't know why. Never had any problems with any brake jack on
    my i-drive.

    I'll spend the next month digesting the rest on this stuff. The motherlode baby!!!

  3. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Part of the conclusion is this very involved article is...

    Our advice is to ignore all suspension theories and other claims put forth by frame manufacturers
    and industry magazines, and base your buying decisions exclusively on experimentation. That is, make
    your decisions by test riding the bikes, even if it is just a parking lot test (you can get a lot
    from a parking lot test). Ignore all marketing!

    Hell, a lot of folks here have been saying that...

    --
    - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

    > All you ever wanted to know and then some....
    >
    > http://www.mtbcomprador.com/pa/english/
    >
    > --
    > Slacker ** SS(s) are bad for your health.....remember Bill Wheeler

  4. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > > > All you ever wanted to know and then some....
    > > >
    > > > http://www.mtbcomprador.com/pa/english/
    > >

    > > Dang, this is better than I thought
    > >
    > http://www.mtbcomprador.com/pa/english/Chapters%20and%20Documents/Path%20Ana
    > lysis%20-%20Chapter%20I.htm#An_Note_on_Braking
    > >
    > > Bastards, I knew it was BS, I just didn't know why. Never had any
    > problems with any brake jack on my i-drive.
    > >
    > > I'll spend the next month digesting the rest on this stuff. The
    > motherlode baby!!!
    > >

    > Just a little light bedtime reading? ;^) Good stuff man! Where'd you dig this up?
    >
    > Mike - time to go to school.

    I know, I couldn't stop reading it last night and was nearly late for work this morning!

    Found out about it over @ ridemonkey.

    --
    Slacker ** SS(s) are bad for your health.....remember Bill Wheeler