Rear Tire Rubbing against Frame. Plz Help!

SuzySwizleStick

Jun 29, 2004
Hi Everyone,
My rear tire is rubbing against the inside of my frame. It started in the middle of a bike ride the other night and I don't know why or how to fix it.
This is a fuji MTB with the knobby tires on it. Which I'm going to replace with road tires soon! I hope I have included enough info for a quick resolution.
I'm feeling guilty missing a ride! ;)

Thanks,
Melanie

If it was a computer I would dive right in and fix it, but I'm afraid to hurt my bike! lol

SuzySwizleStick said:
Hi Everyone,
My rear tire is rubbing against the inside of my frame. It started in the middle of a bike ride the other night and I don't know why or how to fix it.
This is a fuji MTB with the knobby tires on it. Which I'm going to replace with road tires soon! I hope I have included enough info for a quick resolution.
I'm feeling guilty missing a ride! ;)

Thanks,
Melanie

If it was a computer I would dive right in and fix it, but I'm afraid to hurt my bike! lol

QR Skewer or axle nut(s) are loose enough for the wheel to "flop" in the drop-outs. You will need to Open the QR, or loosen the nuts, then straighten the wheel in the drop-outs, then securely tighten.

daveornee said:
QR Skewer or axle nut(s) are loose enough for the wheel to "flop" in the drop-outs. You will need to Open the QR, or loosen the nuts, then straighten the wheel in the drop-outs, then securely tighten.
Thank you David,
I'm off to attempt a repair.

That is odd. Check and see that something in the hub didn't come from together. Sounds like there could be something in the wrong number of pieces.:confused:

SpearSlinger1 said:
That is odd. Check and see that something in the hub didn't come from together. Sounds like there could be something in the wrong number of pieces.:confused:

I was able to go out and resolve the problem in less than 5 minutes. daveornee was correct. I didn't really have to do anything but loosen the screw, nut, or bolt? that holds my rear wheel on and I could see my wheel realigned it's self so I re-tightned it and went on my ride, everything seems okay. BTW, I don't have QR on the rear tire.
Thank you both for your reply.

Melanie