rec.bicycles.rides · Public discussion

Rear Touring Tire ,, recommendation.

Started by Thomas Wentworth · · Last activity · 3 posts · 399 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides
Published
16 August 2006
Last activity
27 August 2006
Original author
Thomas Wentworth
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
399
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I own a Cannondale touring bicycle. The bicycle is very sweet. 700c
    wheels, etc.

    Next spring, if the moon/sun/stars/ and a few other things line up ;; I am
    off for a transcontinental ride. I've done rides all over the USA and
    Canada but never the leave the house and end up in the Pacific tour. About
    time before it is too late.

    So,,, my rear wheel. The wheel that came with my Cannondale touring bike is
    good ,, but I don't think it is good enough.

    I would want a wheel that can take a LOAD.

    What wheel? Where to buy? How many spokes? How laced? What kind of wheel
    material? Any info? Recommendations?

    Starting now, figure I will get your info and go from here.

    Thanks

  2. schwalbe marathon plus tires are it, they no longer have conti TT2000
    touring tires here in the usa: http://tinyurl.com/ztsck

    "Thomas Wentworth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:14IEg.1117$ha1.606@trndny03...

    Quoted message said:

    I own a Cannondale touring bicycle. The bicycle is very sweet. 700c
    wheels, etc.

    Next spring, if the moon/sun/stars/ and a few other things line up ;; I


    am

    Quoted message said:

    off for a transcontinental ride. I've done rides all over the USA and
    Canada but never the leave the house and end up in the Pacific tour.


    About

    Quoted message said:

    time before it is too late.

    So,,, my rear wheel. The wheel that came with my Cannondale touring bike


    is

    Quoted message said:

    good ,, but I don't think it is good enough.

    I would want a wheel that can take a LOAD.

    What wheel? Where to buy? How many spokes? How laced? What kind of


    wheel

    Quoted message said:

    material? Any info? Recommendations?

    Starting now, figure I will get your info and go from here.

    Thanks

  3. http://schwalbe.com/language/

    "Dave" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    schwalbe marathon plus tires are it, they no longer have conti TT2000
    touring tires here in the usa: http://tinyurl.com/ztsck

    "Thomas Wentworth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:14IEg.1117$ha1.606@trndny03...

    Quoted message said:

    I own a Cannondale touring bicycle. The bicycle is very sweet. 700c
    wheels, etc.

    Next spring, if the moon/sun/stars/ and a few other things line up ;; I


    am

    Quoted message said:

    off for a transcontinental ride. I've done rides all over the USA and
    Canada but never the leave the house and end up in the Pacific tour.


    About

    Quoted message said:

    time before it is too late.

    So,,, my rear wheel. The wheel that came with my Cannondale touring


    bike

    Quoted message said:

    is

    Quoted message said:

    good ,, but I don't think it is good enough.

    I would want a wheel that can take a LOAD.

    What wheel? Where to buy? How many spokes? How laced? What kind of


    wheel

    Quoted message said:

    material? Any info? Recommendations?

    Starting now, figure I will get your info and go from here.

    Thanks

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.