Ellsworth Isis.
Never crashed very hard.
Not ridden hard - except that rider is about 210# and has been trying to learn how to
bunnyhop....and broke a previous frame at the shock-attachment weld and also broke a TruVativ crank
about a year later...
Rear triangle/pivot arm axle spacing was a perfect 135mm when new - the wheel just slid in there
perfectly.
Now it's about 138mm. Not a big deal on the face of it - just a little twirling of the skewer... but
it's got me wondering why. I can't remember doing anything that would seem to have caused it.
They've got this thing covered with some really heavy coating (so robust, I'd hesitate to call it
paint...) so I can't inspect it for cracks.
But cracking is the root of my little paranoia here.... I just don't want this thing falling apart
while underway....
Called Ellsworth and they'd never heard of such a thing.
Somebody tell me that this is not a failure looking for a place to happen.
--
PeteCresswell