rear view mirror recs?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by metropical, Sep 7, 2014.

1. metropical

metropical New Member

I'd like some mirror recommendations.
    I bout a HeadsUp eyewear mirror. I find that no matter how I adjust it, I still have to turn my head too far.
    I riding a CAAD9 with drop bars. Would a helmet or bar mirror be a better choice for minimal head movement?
    I'm looking for something that I can use mostly with eye movement.

Tags:

2. dhk2

dhk2 Active Member

I use the Cycleawear helmet-mount. It's easy to adjust, with a ball-joint mount, flexible arm, and ball-jointed mirror. Easy to swing up when you're down in the drops. I like it set so I can just see the side of my ear in the mirror and the top of my shoulder. That way, just a small turn of the head is needed to get a clear view back.

The other option I see here is the convex bar-end mirror. I don't know how well they work, but would think they have more vibration issues than the helmet-mounts.

3. Aushiker

Aushiker New Member

With drop bars my goto mirror has been the Zefal Spy Mirror. Has helped a few times on a SCR :) [IMG ALT=""]http://www.cyclingforums.com/content/type/61/id/302804/width/500/height/1000[/IMG] [IMG ALT=""]http://www.cyclingforums.com/content/type/61/id/302803/width/500/height/1000[/IMG] Regards Andrew

4. metropical

metropical New Member

andrew, would you please post a snap looking down at the bars from the saddle?
    Thanks,
    Fritz

5. Aushiker

Aushiker New Member

Sorry that is about it terms of photos :( Andrew