Rear wheel Questions and Help.......

dfvcad

Aug 4, 2004
Needed ASAP. For the experts, I recently purchased a new set of wheels that have the rear shimano hub and as I was getting ready to place the lock nut on the 9 spd cassette everything seem to be screwing on fine, but encounter a slight resistance, but with some little force the lock nut continue turning fine and at the end of install checking the cog/cassette the cluster was somewhat lose even though that the lock nut wash flush with the last ring. I proceed to release the nut and line up everything again but I did notice sligth metallic shavings that are on the hub threads. The threads/groves on the nut look fine with no shavings but know when I place the nut on the cassette it will turn and tighten but does not seem to thread even and leaving the cluster somewhat lose and small gap on the last two rings.

What can I do correct this problem? Is there away to re-do the threads at a bike shop? Is the hub screwed and I need a new one? Send it back to the company and hope for a good will repair?

Thanks for your opinion in advance

Cane Creek Volos, but bottom line, what can I do to correct this problem with the lock nut not sitting right on the treads on the hub?

dfvcad said:
Cane Creek Volos, but bottom line, what can I do to correct this problem with the lock nut not sitting right on the treads on the hub?
If the lockring is cross threaded,you are hosed.

Well, I called Cane Creek this morning and I have to say that there C S is excellente. They have requested for me to send the wheel in with the cassette and lock nut and will replace the shimano gear hub at no charge. I have to give 5 stars to Mr. Malcom at Cane Creek for taking care of my problem, the guy is very professional and undrstanding. I saved myself about $150 for a new hub