Rear wheel wobbling

tanggoman

Sep 22, 2003
Hi everyone... Kinda new in this sport and was wondering anyone can give me some advice as to how to tighten the rear hub for a Mavic Cosmos. Its wobbling (about < .5mm of play) and I'm scared that it might damage it if I continue using it but the LBS mechanic said its still within specs.... What tools do I need to do this? Thanks. I'm mechanically inclined as I work on cars and motorcycles too. Thanks again.

The best advice would be to obtain a copy of Bicycle Maintanance And Repair: Nashbar.com 18.99.

I have found this website to be a great deal of help for me. Here's the direct linkof the page on truing a wheel.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by tanggoman
Hi everyone... Kinda new in this sport and was wondering anyone can give me some advice as to how to tighten the rear hub for a Mavic Cosmos. Its wobbling (about < .5mm of play) and I'm scared that it might damage it if I continue using it but the LBS mechanic said its still within specs.... What tools do I need to do this? Thanks. I'm mechanically inclined as I work on cars and motorcycles too. Thanks again.

The bike that I purchased a week ago has the same problem. Im going to get my LBS to have a look and see what he says. I was going to look at the Mavic website for maintenance instructions but I need a username and password. I might have another go at getting one. Let me know how you went.

Thanks

Andrew