Reason to Ride - Sept 9th - Danvers, MA

mark174ace

May 8, 2012
[SIZE= 14px]Hello all. A friends of mine is cancer research scientist for Beth Israel Hospital in Boston and will be volunteering at the event. They do a lot of good work and put in a lot of hours! Money is always an issue in advancing their research so they started this event five years ago. This will be my first charity ride and it sounds like it will be fun. Fuddruckers will be sponsoring the event so there will be big fat burgers waiting for everyone after their ride! Just thought I would pass this along to anyone who lives in the Boston area. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Five years ago grateful patient and brain cancer survivor Tom DesFosses found a reason to ride. Tom was diagnosed with primary CNS lymphoma, a cancerous brain tumor, in 2007 Tom rode his bike over 750 miles thru New England. In 2008, Tom started A Reason to Ride, an annual bike-a-thon through the North Shore that raises critical funds for cancer care and research at BIDMC.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Last year, A Reason to Ride bike-a-thon presented by Fuddruckers raised close to $90,000. We were and continue to be grateful for the generous support of those who donated, volunteered, and participated in the Ride. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Plans are underway for the fifth annual A Reason to Ride presented by Fuddruckers! This year’s event will be Sunday, September 9, 2012. The ride will start and end in the parking lot at the Liberty Tree Mall in Danvers, MA. Festivities kick-off at 8:00 a.m., and participants are given the choice of a 10 - 25 - or 50- mile ride through the scenic North Shore towns of Danvers, Wenham, Ipswich, Essex, Gloucester, and Topsfield. The day is full of music, food, raffles, and activities for the whole family. This year will mark our third annual trike-a-thon for youngsters interested in participating in this fun day.[/SIZE]

http://www.bidmc.org/GivetoBIDMC/DevelopmentEvents/AReasontoRide.aspx

Reactions: haleylx4