Reason to wear helmet # 247

StankApe

Aug 10, 2006
Last night I was fangin home on my commute around 11:30 pm when an almost full glass stubby pinged in from some A HOLES drinking 6 floors up on a aptment balcony. Missile came in just ahead of my left arm and smashed under bottom bracket. Pretty good attempt at my head given the hour, the angle and the rate I was travelling. :eek:
I kept going (to avoid any more incoming), then switched off my lights and quietly doubled back to confirm where these idiots were. Made it home and called the cops. Not much they could do really, but I asked for a couple of drive-bys just to announce their presence.
Be careful out there, they don't need a car to have a go at you. :(

StankApe said:
Last night I was fangin home on my commute around 11:30 pm when an almost full glass stubby pinged in from some A HOLES drinking 6 floors up on a aptment balcony. Missile came in just ahead of my left arm and smashed under bottom bracket. Pretty good attempt at my head given the hour, the angle and the rate I was travelling. :eek:
I kept going (to avoid any more incoming), then switched off my lights and quietly doubled back to confirm where these idiots were. Made it home and called the cops. Not much they could do really, but I asked for a couple of drive-bys just to announce their presence.
Be careful out there, they don't need a car to have a go at you. :(
Sorry to hear that happen on you, and it has been good that you are not hurting too bad. :eek:

Just wondering which suburb you are in?

Glad you made it through okay. Sounds similar to an incident I had a few weeks ago. On my morning commute to work, I was passing through Chatswood and was stopped in heavy traffic on the highway. Suddenly there were a few loud bangs around me. I then heard another bang and looked across at the 4WD next to me in the middle lane. Just then a big marker pen hurtled down from above and hit the bonnet. I, along with everyone else, looked up and you could see pens and other bits of stationery being thrown over a balcony from one of the tall high rise units and onto the traffic below. Fortunately for me, most of the stuff was going more toward the middle of the road. The lights turned green and I quickly pedalled away. I was just glad that they didn't decide to toss out anything larger like a monitor; don't think the helmet would've done much then!! :eek:

StankApe said:
Last night I was fangin home on my commute around 11:30 pm when an almost full glass stubby pinged in from some A HOLES drinking 6 floors up on a aptment balcony.
Where in Sydney did this happen? Sounds like the street should be avoided...

1id10t said:
Glad you made it through okay. Sounds similar to an incident I had a few weeks ago. On my morning commute to work, I was passing through Chatswood and was stopped in heavy traffic on the highway. Suddenly there were a few loud bangs around me. I then heard another bang and looked across at the 4WD next to me in the middle lane. Just then a big marker pen hurtled down from above and hit the bonnet. I, along with everyone else, looked up and you could see pens and other bits of stationery being thrown over a balcony from one of the tall high rise units and onto the traffic below. Fortunately for me, most of the stuff was going more toward the middle of the road. The lights turned green and I quickly pedalled away. I was just glad that they didn't decide to toss out anything larger like a monitor; don't think the helmet would've done much then!! :eek:
aust post admin centre??

Archibald said:
aust post admin centre??
Actually it was from one of the high rise units just past Help St/Fullers Road; opposite the car yard. I hope it was just a one off; it's my regular commuting route to work. Might have to invest in a steel helmet. Do you think one of these would look alright with black knicks an a cammo jersey?

1id10t said:
Actually it was from one of the high rise units just past Help St/Fullers Road; opposite the car yard. I hope it was just a one off; it's my regular commuting route to work. Might have to invest in a steel helmet. Do you think one of these would look alright with black knicks an a cammo jersey?
I wouldn't mind getting one of those if I know how to source a genuine one. Yet again, it may obstruct your vision in a tuck position. :eek:

1id10t said:

:eek: I am travelling there everyday ... geez ... please order me one of that helmet as well if you can source on in :p

Corner of Pyrmont Bridge Rd and Lyons Rd (become Missenden on the other side of Parramatta Pd)...a real manky lookin apartment block there. I got a few different ways to get to work, will be staying away from that spot on Saturday nights though ;)

StankApe said:
Corner of Pyrmont Bridge Rd and Lyons Rd (become Missenden on the other side of Parramatta Pd)...a real manky lookin apartment block there. I got a few different ways to get to work, will be staying away from that spot on Saturday nights though ;)
Department of Housing, the manky one on that corner. Complain to the DoH, if you know which flat it was.

Hmm, good suggestion. Mind you, they've prolly OD'ed or gone back to Long Bay by now :D