Reasonable, quality bibs

rclouviere

Apr 10, 2011
I'm in need of some quality bibs, but don’t want to spend a fortune. Any recommendations on quality ones for a relatively reasonable price (maybe under $100), or is this too much to ask?

CHEAP!

https://www.love2pedal.com/mens-bike-shorts/

How far you riding? I have picked up a few bibs on this site. Very inexpensive. I got the $14 pair for $12 while back on sale just to try them out. Chamois a bit thin for me but there is also the $16 pair (haven't tried them).

I use them for mid week rides of 10-15 miles. My buddies use them for 40 mile rides but I am much heavier than they are.

The legs seem a little short, or high however it is described. But if you are working on evening out your tan lines..... :D

I have about 4 pair for short mid week rides.

They do run a bit small as advertised. I am 6'1 and about 260 and I use the 4XL bibs.

Not the bibs but my build to give you and idea of the size fits. I usually wear a 2XL or loose 3XL in Pearl Izumi shorts.

These are PI and close to my knee. The cheap bibs are about 1/3 up. I only wear them at night. :D

DSCN0278.JPG

Thanks for the feedback. They look pretty good. I go on long rides and I’m unsure about comfort. Also, i like them pretty long.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Thanks for the feedback. They look pretty good. I go on long rides and I’m unsure about comfort. Also, i like them pretty long.

Gotcha! I worry about comfort over 20 with these. Though they are not super short I feel kind of funny so I only wear them on solo night rides as mentioned. I just don't care for the Richard Simmons look! :D:p:D

Reactions: rclouviere
I have been using Light In The Box but they are slow to process and deliver (comes from China). If you can find when they have your size I also like Zimco bibs. They usually run anywhere from $20-$40 per.

I am not throwing rocks at those who buy $100 plus bibs but WTH. I get decent miles from the cheaper ones. But to each their own as I say in life.

Reactions: rclouviere
I have been using Light In The Box but they are slow to process and deliver (comes from China). If you can find when they have your size I also like Zimco bibs. They usually run anywhere from $20-$40 per.

I am not throwing rocks at those who buy $100 plus bibs but WTH. I get decent miles from the cheaper ones. But to each their own as I say in life.

Pretty cool deals there. I see the FASTCUTE brand has sizes up to 6XL. Some nice patterns and a decent looking pad considering the cost is only $41 or so for jersey and bibs shorts.

Available in different colors but too bad it has the FASTCUTE logo real big on most outfits. I'd feel kind of funny and sure I'd get a ton of comments wearing something that suggested I was fast and cute ha ha!

Never know, maybe a matching set for Gina and I to ride the tandem. :D

Good deals on others as well. But the Fastcute has some big sizes. :cool:

Yeah, I only buy non-marked jerseys and bibs! No “Juicy” written on the bibs for me.....LOL no matter if they are free!

I have found some nice patterns on LITB but long delays until you get them and at times sits in la la land forever and then a email stating not in stock. It’s hit and miss.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Yeah, I only buy non-marked jerseys and bibs! No “Juicy” written on the bibs for me.....LOL no matter if they are free!

I have found some nice patterns on LITB but long delays until you get them and at times sits in la la land forever and then a email stating not in stock. It’s hit and miss.

I hate waiting! I have a couple ebay sellers where I can buy (go pro mounts and acc's) with guaranteed delivery dates (or get $5 voucher). I get the parts within 4 or 5 days. Whereas some China sites give you a month delivery date. I've taken a chance on a couple and got one quick but the other is taking over 3 weeks already.

Weird, tracking says it's been at my local post office for 5 days already. Either way, I hate waiting forever trying to guess!