Reasonably good looking goggles?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Harlequin, Jul 19, 2003.

  1. Harlequin

    Harlequin Guest

    Hi,

    I'm looking around for a pair of goggles which I can wear biking. I'm looking for something
    reasonably good looking/stylish as opposed to hardcore practicality. My main problem is
    having a reasonably small face/head, so most goggles look ridiculously outsized.

    Obviously, I'm not looking for the Oakley O-Frame/L-Frame style huge face-covering things
    here. Something roughly in the same size as the Oakley Minute style glasses
    (http://www.oakley.com/ostore/eyewear/minute/) or slightly bigger would be ideal. Does
    anyone have any suggestions?

    Joss

    --
    "He who controls the past controls the future; he who controls the present controls the past."

    -- O'Brien in "1984" by George Orwell

    Tags:

  2. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Check out the Performance brand glasses at
    1/4-1/2 the price!

    --
    - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

    "harlequin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected].net...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking around for a pair of goggles which I can wear biking. I'm looking for something
    > reasonably good looking/stylish as opposed to hardcore practicality. My main problem is having a
    > reasonably small face/head, so most goggles look ridiculously outsized.
    >
    > Obviously, I'm not looking for the Oakley O-Frame/L-Frame style huge face-covering things here.
    > Something roughly in the same size as the Oakley Minute style glasses
    > (http://www.oakley.com/ostore/eyewear/minute/) or slightly bigger would be ideal. Does anyone have
    > any suggestions?
    >
    > Joss
    >
    > --
    > "He who controls the past controls the future; he who controls the present controls the past."
    >
    > -- O'Brien in "1984" by George Orwell

  3. Bloocow

    Bloocow Guest

    "harlequin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected].net.. .
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking around for a pair of goggles which I can wear biking. I'm looking for something
    > reasonably good looking/stylish as opposed to hardcore practicality. My main problem is having a
    > reasonably small face/head, so most goggles look ridiculously outsized.
    >
    > Obviously, I'm not looking for the Oakley O-Frame/L-Frame style huge face-covering things here.
    > Something roughly in the same size as the Oakley Minute style glasses
    > (http://www.oakley.com/ostore/eyewear/minute/) or slightly bigger would be ideal. Does anyone have
    > any suggestions?

    If you don't mind springing for Oakleys, I've found the Straight Jackets to be ok. I find the Minute
    lenses slightly too cramped for my peripheral vision. Oakley lenses also have excellent clarity
    which is quite important to me. I think the Minutes fog abit faster than the Straights too but this
    might depend on the clearance between the frame and your face. The Splice and Plates look cool too
    but I haven't tried them.

    bloocow - vanity trip

  4. Harlequin

    Harlequin Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 04:11:30 +0800, bloocow wrote:

    > "harlequin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected].net.. .
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm looking around for a pair of goggles which I can wear biking. I'm looking for something
    >> reasonably good looking/stylish as opposed to hardcore practicality. My main problem is having a
    >> reasonably small face/head, so most goggles look ridiculously outsized.
    >>
    >> Obviously, I'm not looking for the Oakley O-Frame/L-Frame style huge face-covering things here.
    >> Something roughly in the same size as the Oakley Minute style glasses
    >> (http://www.oakley.com/ostore/eyewear/minute/) or slightly bigger would be ideal. Does anyone
    >> have any suggestions?
    >
    > If you don't mind springing for Oakleys, I've found the Straight Jackets to be ok. I find the
    > Minute lenses slightly too cramped for my peripheral vision. Oakley lenses also have excellent
    > clarity which is quite important to me. I think the Minutes fog abit faster than the Straights too
    > but this might depend on the clearance between the frame and your face. The Splice and Plates look
    > cool too but I haven't tried them.
    >
    > bloocow - vanity trip

    Hi,

    Thanks for that. Thing is, I really am looking for a pair of goggles. I've got a pair
    of (broken and scratched, but wearable) minutes, and a nice pair of square wires which
    I usually wear, and are great. I would like a pair of goggles in the same sort of
    size, though.

    Thanks for the responses.

    Joss

    --
    "He who controls the past controls the future; he who controls the present controls the past."

    -- O'Brien in "1984" by George Orwell

  5. Bloocow

    Bloocow Guest

    "harlequin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected].net.. .
    > On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 04:11:30 +0800, bloocow wrote:
    >

    > > "harlequin" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:p[email protected].net..
    > > .
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I'm looking around for a pair of goggles which I can wear biking. I'm looking for something
    > >> reasonably good looking/stylish as opposed to hardcore practicality. My main problem is having
    > >> a reasonably small face/head, so most goggles look ridiculously outsized.
    > >>
    > >> Obviously, I'm not looking for the Oakley O-Frame/L-Frame style huge face-covering things here.
    > >> Something roughly in the same size as the Oakley Minute style glasses
    (http://www.oakley.com/ostore/eyewear/minute/)
    > >> or slightly bigger would be ideal. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    > >
    > > If you don't mind springing for Oakleys, I've found the Straight Jackets
    > > be ok. I find the Minute lenses slightly too cramped for my peripheral vision. Oakley lenses
    > > also have excellent clarity which is quite
    important
    > > to me. I think the Minutes fog abit faster than the Straights too but
    this
    > > might depend on the clearance between the frame and your face. The
    Splice
    > > and Plates look cool too but I haven't tried them.
    > >
    > > bloocow - vanity trip
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Thanks for that. Thing is, I really am looking for a pair of goggles. I've got a pair of (broken
    > and scratched, but wearable) minutes, and a nice pair of square wires which I usually wear, and
    > are great. I would like a pair of goggles in the same sort of size, though.
    >
    > Thanks for the responses.

    Oh, I was wondering why you mentioned Minutes when you wanted goggles. One pint of beer and my
    reading comprehension breaks down. |-p I actually only know of swimming goggles that come in Minute
    sizes. We don't ski here so I wouldn't know if there are ski goggles that small.

    Good luck.

    bloocow

  6. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "harlequin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected].net...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking around for a pair of goggles which I can wear biking. I'm looking for something
    > reasonably good looking/stylish as opposed to hardcore practicality. My main problem is having a
    > reasonably small face/head, so most goggles look ridiculously outsized.
    >
    > Obviously, I'm not looking for the Oakley O-Frame/L-Frame style huge face-covering things here.
    > Something roughly in the same size as the Oakley Minute style glasses
    > (http://www.oakley.com/ostore/eyewear/minute/) or slightly bigger would be ideal. Does anyone have
    > any suggestions?
    >
    > Joss
    >
    > --
    > "He who controls the past controls the future; he who controls the present controls the past."
    >
    > -- O'Brien in "1984" by George Orwell

    Something like this, maybe? The goggle format is at the bottom of the page.

    http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/products/sunglasses/styles/ekynox.htm

    They also have a smaller sized ekynox (the sx), but it doesn't look like it comes in goggle format
    yet. Send 'em an email and see if they're planning on doing it any time soon though, if they get
    some demand they might go for it.

    Jon Bond

  7. Harlequin

    Harlequin Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 02:23:34 -0400, Jon Bond wrote:

    > onably good looking goggles? From: "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
    > alt.mountain-bike Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 02:23:34 -0400
    >

    > "harlequin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected].net...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm looking around for a pair of goggles which I can wear biking. I'm looking for something
    >> reasonably good looking/stylish as opposed to hardcore practicality. My main problem is having a
    >> reasonably small face/head, so most goggle

    Now they look nice... thanks a lot!

    --
    "He who controls the past controls the future; he who controls the present controls the past."

    -- O'Brien in "1984" by George Orwell

  8. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "harlequin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:pan.2003.07.20.0[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 02:23:34 -0400, Jon Bond wrote:
    >
    > > onably good looking goggles? From: "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
    > > alt.mountain-bike Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 02:23:34 -0400
    > >

    > > "harlequin" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:p[email protected].net...
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I'm looking around for a pair of goggles which I can wear biking. I'm looking for something
    > >> reasonably good looking/stylish as opposed to hardcore practicality. My main problem is having
    > >> a reasonably small face/head, so most goggle
    >
    > Now they look nice... thanks a lot!
    >
    > --
    > "He who controls the past controls the future; he who controls the present controls the past."
    >
    > -- O'Brien in "1984" by George Orwell

    No problemo, the best part is you can also switch them out into sunglasses pretty quickly.
    Double duty!

    Oh yeah, did I mention that they sp*ns*r my team?

    Jon Bond one for Bomba et al...