Reasons to stay out of cycle lanes, no. 347

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Colin Blackburn, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. Walking my bike through Newcastle last night I went along a road which has a nice wide cycle lane on
    good quality tarmac. Unfortunately there is a leaking water pipe up the hill and so the lane is
    often a very shallow stream. After the freeze on Sunday night it was an evil looking 50 yards of ice
    down the hill with a slight curve and a set of lights at the end. Take care out there.

    Colin

  2. Steve R.

    Steve R. Guest

    Colin Blackburn wrote in message ...
    > There is a leaking water pipe up the hill and so the lane is often a very shallow stream.

    I *hope* you did your good citizen thing and immediately reported it to the Water Authority and your
    local Council.

  3. On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 09:28:50 GMT, Steve R. <stevie_ritchie(NOSPAM)@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Colin Blackburn wrote in message ...
    >> There is a leaking water pipe up the hill and so the lane is often a very shallow stream.
    >
    > I *hope* you did your good citizen thing and immediately reported it to the Water Authority and
    > your local Council.

    Not immediately no. I was walking along the road at the time and there were no Northumbrian Water
    people around at that time of night. I have, however, reported it to the water company (they are no
    longer water authorities) this morning as soon as I was able to.

    Colin
    --

  4. Similar thing at the junction of Blackhorse Lane and Forest Road (E17) yesterday. An unfortunate
    motorcyclist got caught by it while taking off from the lights, went down and slid gracelessly into

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/