reba/vanilla/mx pro

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by justin_merida, Dec 15, 2004.

1. justin_merida

justin_merida New Member

am currently stuck with a dilemma here..i intend to change a new fork for my hardtailbike .. currently using rst which is a serious load of crap ...here are my choices

1) Rock Shox Reba Race

2) Fox Vanilla r 130

3) Marzocchi MX pro

Very keen on the reba but i dont noe if it will hold up to my riding style since it is an air fork and i have yet to ride an air one... i ride quite agressively but definitely not freeride... the reba also has one or two reviews saying that the air leaks from the negative to the positive chamber which makes it even harder for me to make the desicsion.. but there are lots of good reviews on it too...the vanilla is heralded for its "legendary plushness" but has less functions and adjustability then the reba but is slightly heavier ... as for the marz i only know of it as a 'tough' fork ..... the rs has negative air spring which is said to help the fork gain small bump compliance ... as for the fox and marz do they have a negative spring and if not, will if affect small bump compliance in any way ? and are air shocks less durable than coil ones?

Tags:

2. MtnBikerChk

MtnBikerChk New Member

I vote for the vanilla - except 130 sounds kind of steep for a hardtail. Check with your frame mfgr to see if that is recommended. If not, it may void your frame warranty.