Rebuilding Campy Levers

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by jg, May 8, 2006.

  1. jg

    jg Guest

    Is there a publication showing how to completly rebuild campy 10speed
    shifters?

    Tags:

  2. bfd

    bfd Guest

  3. bfd wrote:
    > Yup, several "online" sources are available. The best are probably
    > those at Andy Muzi's Yellow Jersey:
    >
    > "Official" Campagnolo Ergo Service Manual:
    > http://www.yellowjersey.org/ergo1.html
    >
    > He also has a link to Paul Southworth's excellent writeup too:
    > http://www.yellowjersey.org/ergo_ps.pdf

    http://www.velonews.com/tech/rev/levers.html

    Lennard Zinn's article gives a couple good pointers to supplement
    Southworth's article.

    > Don't forget, the same manuals can be used for BOTH Ergo 9 AND 10 speed
    > shifters!

  4. the Barnett Manual has the full step by step procedure.

  5. bfd

    bfd Guest

    How much does the Barnett Manual cost? Is it available "online?"

  6. Eric

    Eric Guest

  7. bfd

    bfd Guest

    I haven't seen the Barnett Manual, but unless its "step by step
    procedures" are really good or offers more than anything else out
    there, why would anyone need to buy this manual to rebuilt their ergo
    levers when there are at least 3 sources, including Campagnolo's
    "official" service manual, available FOR FREE?

  8. bfd wrote:
    > I haven't seen the Barnett Manual, but unless its "step by step
    > procedures" are really good or offers more than anything else out
    > there, why would anyone need to buy this manual to rebuilt their ergo
    > levers when there are at least 3 sources, including Campagnolo's
    > "official" service manual, available FOR FREE?

    Kind of my opinion too. Not sure how much more step by step the
    Barnett's can be than the step by step directions given by Southworth
    and the few useful supplements from Zinn. The rear Ergo overhaul given
    by Southworth and Zinn also does well for the front Ergo. I suppose if
    someone is truely clueless and mechanically incompetent and has no
    common sense, then a super detailed step by step procedure, if the
    Barnetts does this, would be good. But someone who is mechanically
    clueless, etc. would not even consider rebuilding Ergo levers.