rebuilding litespeed pivots

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jack Wallen, Mar 17, 2003.

  1. Jack Wallen

    Jack Wallen Guest

    anyone ever have any luck rebuilding litespeed Obed FS pivots? my '96 obed is getting a bit cranky
    and it needs to have all pivots rebuilt.

    i realize this bike it way behind the times but...it's a sweet bike and we get along supurbly.

    also - anyone know if it's possible to add disk tabs to this rear end (the bike not myself ;-) )?

    thanks all.

    jwallen

    Tags:

  2. Woogoogle

    Woogoogle Guest

    "jack wallen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > anyone ever have any luck rebuilding litespeed Obed FS pivots? my '96 obed is getting a bit cranky
    > and it needs to have all pivots rebuilt.
    >
    > i realize this bike it way behind the times but...it's a sweet bike and we get along supurbly.
    >
    > also - anyone know if it's possible to add disk tabs to this rear end (the bike not myself ;-) )?
    >
    > thanks all.
    >
    > jwallen

    Are you the original owner? Have you tried the bike shop that sold it to you? If they are not too
    busy, Litespeed, can add the tabs for you at some charge. They've done out of warranty work for me a
    few years ago, and recommended Ti builders who could help me with other out of warranty work. Dave
    Levy at Ti Cycles has done a lot of super high quality work for my 1990 Litespeed. (the first years
    of litespeed only had a two year warranty not the lifetime warranty they got later...)