rebuilt campy brake prob..

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by #215, May 20, 2003.

  1. #215

    #215 Guest

    I just replaced the spring in my campy athena dual pivot brake and now when it comes together the
    whole unit moves and doesn't spring back. It wont seem to tighten any more. Also at what angle does
    the small piece between the two arches sit?

    Thanks. #215

    Tags:

  2. Wiscottsin

    Wiscottsin Guest

    "#215" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just replaced the spring in my campy athena dual pivot brake and now
    when
    > it comes together the whole unit moves and doesn't spring back. It wont seem to tighten any more.
    > Also at what angle does the small piece between the two arches sit?
    >
    > Thanks. #215

    Sounds to me like you don't have the brake centered over the wheel - have you checked that?

  3. If it won't open easily, the bolt/nut unit on the arch is too tight. Hold the nut(10mm) and loosen
    the bolt(5mm allen), kinda like a headset.