REC - Cheesecake-Pecan Pie

3 eggs
1 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt

Crust (Amanda "Hag" Haggerty):

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 533 Calories; 29g Fat (47.7%
calories from fat); 7g Protein; 65g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
140mg Cholesterol; 290mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean
Meat; 5 1/2 Fat; 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : After baking, the pecan filling will be on the bottom, the
cheesecake layer will be on top of that, and the nuts will form a
crunchy topping. This is a very rich pie. Cut those pieces small!

Ingredients look good....want to post a procedure? I'm guessing you
can't just dump everythjing in ab bowl and come out with pie and
crust........

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 01:40:12 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Cheesecake-Pecan Pie
>
>Recipe By :Damsel in dis Dress
>Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
>Categories : Pastries & Desserts

>-------- ------------ --------------------------------
> ---Toffee Nut Crust---
> 1/2 cup flour
> 1/2 cup light brown sugar
> 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
> 1/4 cup butter
> ---Cheesecake Layer---
> 8 ounces cream cheese
> 1 large egg
> 1/3 cup sugar
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
> ---Pecan Pie Layer---
> 1 1/4 cups pecans -- coarsely broken
> 3 eggs
> 1 cup light corn syrup
> 1/4 cup sugar
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
> 1/4 teaspoon salt
>
>Crust (Amanda "Hag" Haggerty):
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>- -

Hi Damsel,
Question : I've never done a cheesecake before but this one sounds so good that I just might. So how
long to bake and what temp?

On 28 Mar 2006 04:25:15 -0800, "Jude" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Ingredients look good....want to post a procedure? I'm guessing you
>can't just dump everythjing in ab bowl and come out with pie and
>crust........

Oops! I'm having some problems with instructions. Here's the whole
thing ...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cheesecake-Pecan Pie

Recipe By :Damsel and Hag
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

---Toffee Nut Crust---
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup butter -- (1/2 stick)
---Cheesecake Layer---
8 ounces cream cheese
1 large egg
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
---Pecan Pie Layer---
1 1/4 cups pecans -- coarsely broken
3 eggs
1 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt

Crust (Amanda Haggerty):
Combine dry ingredients. Add butter and
cut in until well mixed and
crumbly. Pat into a 9 in pie pan. Set in
the refrigerator to chill while
you're make the filling.

Preheat oven to 350F.

Cheesecake Layer:
With an electric mixer, whip the cream
cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla until
fluffy. Spread the mixture in the bottom
of the unbaked pie shell.

Pecan Pie Layer:
Sprinkle the pecans over the cheese
mixture. Beat the eggs with an
electric mixer until foamy. Add the corn
syrup, sugar, vanilla, and salt
and mix well. Pour over the pecans.
Bake until center of pie is firm, about
55 minutes. Store in refrigerator.

VARIATION
Cheesecake-Almond Pie (J. Helman):
Use an unbaked 9-inch pie shell.
Substitute sliced almonds for the pecans,
and almond extract for the vanilla.

Yield: 1 9 inch pie"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : After baking, the pecan filling
will be on the bottom, the
cheesecake layer will be on top of that,
and the nuts will form a crunchy
topping. This is a very rich pie. Cut
those pieces small!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 533 Calories; 29g Fat (47.7%
calories from fat); 7g Protein; 65g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
140mg Cholesterol; 290mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean
Meat; 5 1/2 Fat; 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:07:11 -0500, Larry LaMere <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Hi Damsel,
>Question : I've never done a cheesecake before but this one sounds so good that I just might. So how
>long to bake and what temp?

Just posted the full recipe with instructions. Sorry.

Peace,
Carol

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> Just posted the full recipe with instructions. Sorry.
>
> Peace,
> Carol

Many thanks...now I can make it rather than just drooling over
it.........

We've been on a pie kick here l, lately. This sounds delicious!

On 28 Mar 2006 07:32:26 -0800, "Jude" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
>> Just posted the full recipe with instructions. Sorry.

>Many thanks...now I can make it rather than just drooling over
>it.........
>
>We've been on a pie kick here l, lately. This sounds delicious!

I also have a killer apple pie recipe, one for rhubarb and
strawberries, and a pumpkin-pecan one that is amazing. There are
more, but those are the best of the best.

I recently decided to stop pretending I'm not diabetic, so I'll have
to live vicariously through you and others. So, get baking!

Peace,
Carol

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> I also have a killer apple pie recipe, one for rhubarb and
> strawberries, and a pumpkin-pecan one that is amazing. There are
> more, but those are the best of the best.

Well, post away!!

> I recently decided to stop pretending I'm not diabetic, so I'll have
> to live vicariously through you and others. So, get baking!

If the calorie gods have any questions, I'll tell em you told me so!

On 28 Mar 2006 09:24:04 -0800, "Jude" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
>> I also have a killer apple pie recipe, one for rhubarb and
>> strawberries, and a pumpkin-pecan one that is amazing. There are
>> more, but those are the best of the best.

>Well, post away!!

LOL! I just sat down to do just that!

>> I recently decided to stop pretending I'm not diabetic, so I'll have
>> to live vicariously through you and others. So, get baking!

>If the calorie gods have any questions, I'll tell em you told me so!

Guilty as charged. :D

Peace,
Carol

<[email protected]> wrote:

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Cheesecake-Pecan Pie

You just had to post this recipe again, didn't you? I'd almost
forgotten about it.

I made it a Christmas, and it was a huge hit. It's hard to sub out the
ingredients with low-carb stuff, though, so I can't make it for
myself.

Jo Anne

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:18:32 -0500, Jo Anne Slaven
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 01:40:12 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> * Exported from MasterCook *
>>
>> Cheesecake-Pecan Pie

>You just had to post this recipe again, didn't you? I'd almost
>forgotten about it.
>
>I made it a Christmas, and it was a huge hit. It's hard to sub out the
>ingredients with low-carb stuff, though, so I can't make it for
>myself.

I feel your pain. But the good thing is, my BG was 103 when I tested
it a half hour ago. That's in contrast to the 300+ readings I was
getting. Low carb is a godsend.

Peace,
Carol