REC: Country Captain (quick and easy)

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by limey, Jan 23, 2005.

  1. limey

    limey Guest

    I really like Country Captain. I've had this recipe for some time but
    hadn't tried it until the other night. It's quicker to prepare than the
    usual recipe and very tasty.

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Country Captain (Quick and Easy)

    Recipe By :Dora, rec.food.cooking - 1/23/05
    Serving Size : 4
    1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts --
    cut in 1" pieces
    3 tablespoons flour
    non-stick spray
    1/2 cup green pepper -- cut in chunks
    1/4 cup onion -- diced
    1 14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes
    1/4 cup raisins
    2 tablespoons brown sugar -- packed
    1 teaspoon curry powder (I used about 1 tablespoon)
    1/4 teaspoon salt

    Put flour in a plastic bag. Add chicken pieces and shake until covered.

    Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray (I used a little peanut oil).
    Heat pan over medium-high heat, add floured chicken pieces and brown,
    stirring, for a total of about 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, mix
    well.

    Simmer over medium-low heat about 20 minutes or until chicken pieces are
    cooked thoroughly.

    Source:
    "Old newspaper clipping"

    Dora

    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. On Sun 23 Jan 2005 04:37:26p, limey wrote about chiken in a pot!

    > I really like Country Captain. I've had this recipe for some time but
    > hadn't tried it until the other night. It's quicker to prepare than
    > the usual recipe and very tasty.
    >
    > * Exported from MasterCook *
    >
    > Country Captain (Quick and Easy)
    >
    > Recipe By :Dora, rec.food.cooking - 1/23/05
    > Serving Size : 4
    > 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts
    > --
    > cut in 1" pieces
    > 3 tablespoons flour
    > non-stick spray
    > 1/2 cup green pepper -- cut in chunks
    > 1/4 cup onion -- diced
    > 1 14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes
    > 1/4 cup raisins
    > 2 tablespoons brown sugar -- packed
    > 1 teaspoon curry powder (I used about 1 tablespoon)
    > 1/4 teaspoon salt
    >
    > Put flour in a plastic bag. Add chicken pieces and shake until covered.
    >
    > Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray (I used a little peanut oil).
    > Heat pan over medium-high heat, add floured chicken pieces and brown,
    > stirring, for a total of about 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients,
    > mix well.
    >
    > Simmer over medium-low heat about 20 minutes or until chicken pieces are
    > cooked thoroughly.
    >
    > Source:
    > "Old newspaper clipping"
    >
    > Dora

    Gosh, Dora, I haven't made Country Captain in years. In fact, I don't even
    know where my recipe is, so I'm really glad you posted this. It's a great
    dish to make after you've come home from work.

    Thanks for posting it!

    Wayne

  3. On Sun 23 Jan 2005 04:37:26p, limey wrote about chiken in a pot!

    > I really like Country Captain. I've had this recipe for some time but
    > hadn't tried it until the other night. It's quicker to prepare than
    > the usual recipe and very tasty.
    >
    > * Exported from MasterCook *
    >
    > Country Captain (Quick and Easy)
    >
    > Recipe By :Dora, rec.food.cooking - 1/23/05
    > Serving Size : 4
    > 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts
    > --
    > cut in 1" pieces
    > 3 tablespoons flour
    > non-stick spray
    > 1/2 cup green pepper -- cut in chunks
    > 1/4 cup onion -- diced
    > 1 14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes
    > 1/4 cup raisins
    > 2 tablespoons brown sugar -- packed
    > 1 teaspoon curry powder (I used about 1 tablespoon)
    > 1/4 teaspoon salt
    >
    > Put flour in a plastic bag. Add chicken pieces and shake until covered.
    >
    > Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray (I used a little peanut oil).
    > Heat pan over medium-high heat, add floured chicken pieces and brown,
    > stirring, for a total of about 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients,
    > mix well.
    >
    > Simmer over medium-low heat about 20 minutes or until chicken pieces are
    > cooked thoroughly.
    >
    > Source:
    > "Old newspaper clipping"
    >
    > Dora

    Gosh, Dora, I haven't made Country Captain in years. In fact, I don't even
    know where my recipe is, so I'm really glad you posted this. It's a great
    dish to make after you've come home from work.

    Thanks for posting it!

    Wayne

  4. limey

    limey Guest

    "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sun 23 Jan 2005 04:37:26p, limey wrote about chiken in a pot!
    >

    >> I really like Country Captain. I've had this recipe for some time but
    >> hadn't tried it until the other night. It's quicker to prepare than
    >> the usual recipe and very tasty.
    >>

    > <snipped>

    > Gosh, Dora, I haven't made Country Captain in years. In fact, I don't
    > even
    > know where my recipe is, so I'm really glad you posted this. It's a great
    > dish to make after you've come home from work.
    >
    > Thanks for posting it!
    >
    > Wayne

    I think you'll really enjoy it. I hoarded the leftovers and had them for
    lunch today. Just as good as the freshly made dish.

    Dora

  5. limey

    limey Guest

    "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sun 23 Jan 2005 04:37:26p, limey wrote about chiken in a pot!
    >

    >> I really like Country Captain. I've had this recipe for some time but
    >> hadn't tried it until the other night. It's quicker to prepare than
    >> the usual recipe and very tasty.
    >>

    > <snipped>

    > Gosh, Dora, I haven't made Country Captain in years. In fact, I don't
    > even
    > know where my recipe is, so I'm really glad you posted this. It's a great
    > dish to make after you've come home from work.
    >
    > Thanks for posting it!
    >
    > Wayne

    I think you'll really enjoy it. I hoarded the leftovers and had them for
    lunch today. Just as good as the freshly made dish.

    Dora

  6. jem

    jem Guest

    limey wrote:
    > I really like Country Captain. I've had this recipe for some time but
    > hadn't tried it until the other night. It's quicker to prepare than the
    > usual recipe and very tasty.
    >
    > * Exported from MasterCook *
    >
    > Country Captain (Quick and Easy)
    >
    > Recipe By :Dora, rec.food.cooking - 1/23/05
    > Serving Size : 4
    > 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts --
    > cut in 1" pieces
    > 3 tablespoons flour
    > non-stick spray
    > 1/2 cup green pepper -- cut in chunks
    > 1/4 cup onion -- diced
    > 1 14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes
    > 1/4 cup raisins
    > 2 tablespoons brown sugar -- packed
    > 1 teaspoon curry powder (I used about 1 tablespoon)
    > 1/4 teaspoon salt
    >
    > Put flour in a plastic bag. Add chicken pieces and shake until covered.
    >
    > Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray (I used a little peanut oil).
    > Heat pan over medium-high heat, add floured chicken pieces and brown,
    > stirring, for a total of about 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, mix
    > well.
    >
    > Simmer over medium-low heat about 20 minutes or until chicken pieces are
    > cooked thoroughly.
    >
    > Source:
    > "Old newspaper clipping"
    >
    > Dora
    >
    > [email protected]

    Serve with toasted, sliced almonds on top!