REC: Country Captain (quick and easy)

limey

Guest
I really like Country Captain. I've had this recipe for some time but
hadn't tried it until the other night. It's quicker to prepare than the
usual recipe and very tasty.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Country Captain (Quick and Easy)

Recipe By :Dora, rec.food.cooking - 1/23/05
Serving Size : 4
1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts --
cut in 1" pieces
3 tablespoons flour
non-stick spray
1/2 cup green pepper -- cut in chunks
1/4 cup onion -- diced
1 14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes
1/4 cup raisins
2 tablespoons brown sugar -- packed
1 teaspoon curry powder (I used about 1 tablespoon)
1/4 teaspoon salt

Put flour in a plastic bag. Add chicken pieces and shake until covered.

Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray (I used a little peanut oil).
Heat pan over medium-high heat, add floured chicken pieces and brown,
stirring, for a total of about 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, mix
well.

Simmer over medium-low heat about 20 minutes or until chicken pieces are
cooked thoroughly.

Source:
"Old newspaper clipping"

Dora

[email protected]

On Sun 23 Jan 2005 04:37:26p, limey wrote about chiken in a pot!

> I really like Country Captain. I've had this recipe for some time but
> hadn't tried it until the other night. It's quicker to prepare than
> the usual recipe and very tasty.
>
> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Country Captain (Quick and Easy)
>
> Recipe By :Dora, rec.food.cooking - 1/23/05
> Serving Size : 4
> 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts
> --
> cut in 1" pieces
> 3 tablespoons flour
> non-stick spray
> 1/2 cup green pepper -- cut in chunks
> 1/4 cup onion -- diced
> 1 14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes
> 1/4 cup raisins
> 2 tablespoons brown sugar -- packed
> 1 teaspoon curry powder (I used about 1 tablespoon)
> 1/4 teaspoon salt
>
> Put flour in a plastic bag. Add chicken pieces and shake until covered.
>
> Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray (I used a little peanut oil).
> Heat pan over medium-high heat, add floured chicken pieces and brown,
> stirring, for a total of about 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients,
> mix well.
>
> Simmer over medium-low heat about 20 minutes or until chicken pieces are
> cooked thoroughly.
>
> Source:
> "Old newspaper clipping"
>
> Dora

Gosh, Dora, I haven't made Country Captain in years. In fact, I don't even
know where my recipe is, so I'm really glad you posted this. It's a great
dish to make after you've come home from work.

Thanks for posting it!

Wayne

On Sun 23 Jan 2005 04:37:26p, limey wrote about chiken in a pot!

> I really like Country Captain. I've had this recipe for some time but
> hadn't tried it until the other night. It's quicker to prepare than
> the usual recipe and very tasty.
>
> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Country Captain (Quick and Easy)
>
> Recipe By :Dora, rec.food.cooking - 1/23/05
> Serving Size : 4
> 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts
> --
> cut in 1" pieces
> 3 tablespoons flour
> non-stick spray
> 1/2 cup green pepper -- cut in chunks
> 1/4 cup onion -- diced
> 1 14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes
> 1/4 cup raisins
> 2 tablespoons brown sugar -- packed
> 1 teaspoon curry powder (I used about 1 tablespoon)
> 1/4 teaspoon salt
>
> Put flour in a plastic bag. Add chicken pieces and shake until covered.
>
> Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray (I used a little peanut oil).
> Heat pan over medium-high heat, add floured chicken pieces and brown,
> stirring, for a total of about 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients,
> mix well.
>
> Simmer over medium-low heat about 20 minutes or until chicken pieces are
> cooked thoroughly.
>
> Source:
> "Old newspaper clipping"
>
> Dora

Gosh, Dora, I haven't made Country Captain in years. In fact, I don't even
know where my recipe is, so I'm really glad you posted this. It's a great
dish to make after you've come home from work.

Thanks for posting it!

Wayne

"Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun 23 Jan 2005 04:37:26p, limey wrote about chiken in a pot!
>

>> I really like Country Captain. I've had this recipe for some time but
>> hadn't tried it until the other night. It's quicker to prepare than
>> the usual recipe and very tasty.
>>

> <snipped>

> Gosh, Dora, I haven't made Country Captain in years. In fact, I don't
> even
> know where my recipe is, so I'm really glad you posted this. It's a great
> dish to make after you've come home from work.
>
> Thanks for posting it!
>
> Wayne

I think you'll really enjoy it. I hoarded the leftovers and had them for
lunch today. Just as good as the freshly made dish.

Dora

limey wrote:
> I really like Country Captain. I've had this recipe for some time but
> hadn't tried it until the other night. It's quicker to prepare than the
> usual recipe and very tasty.
>
> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Country Captain (Quick and Easy)
>
> Recipe By :Dora, rec.food.cooking - 1/23/05
> Serving Size : 4
> 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts --
> cut in 1" pieces
> 3 tablespoons flour
> non-stick spray
> 1/2 cup green pepper -- cut in chunks
> 1/4 cup onion -- diced
> 1 14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes
> 1/4 cup raisins
> 2 tablespoons brown sugar -- packed
> 1 teaspoon curry powder (I used about 1 tablespoon)
> 1/4 teaspoon salt
>
> Put flour in a plastic bag. Add chicken pieces and shake until covered.
>
> Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray (I used a little peanut oil).
> Heat pan over medium-high heat, add floured chicken pieces and brown,
> stirring, for a total of about 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, mix
> well.
>
> Simmer over medium-low heat about 20 minutes or until chicken pieces are
> cooked thoroughly.
>
> Source:
> "Old newspaper clipping"
>
> Dora
>
> [email protected]

Serve with toasted, sliced almonds on top!