Rec for moderately priced road bike

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Derek, Apr 10, 2003.

  1. Derek

    Derek Guest

    Hi,

    I'm looking to spend $850 max.

    Thanks, Derek

    Tags:

  2. "Derek" <[email protected]> wrote in news:k_mla.182388$9G.24352310 @twister.socal.rr.com:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking to spend $850 max.
    >
    > Thanks, Derek

    Spend $150 more and get an Ultegra equipped alluminum bike with a carbon fork.

    Either here: http://www.supergo.com/itemdisplay.asp?parentid=21785&secid=7559&subid=7

    Or here: http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/grand_sprint.htm

    Personally, if I were looking to get a moderately priced road bike, I'd pick up this one:

    http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/02fuji/fuji_team_sale.htm

    You can also find new Fuji Team bikes on eBay every day going for a lot less.

    But, that's only after trying out literally dozens of other bikes and spending years riding older
    (1992 and 2000) Fuji Teams. No better bang for the buck IMHO. Read the reviews on
    www.roadbikereview.com for confirmation.

    BTW, you might want to post this to r.b.marketplace, as it would be more on topic in that group.

    Hope this helps,
    - Boyd S.