REC: Linguini - Sausage & Pepper Linguini

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Melba's Jammin, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. I've never made this -- the Cheddar Cheese soup plan kinda spooked me.

    { Exported from MasterCook Mac }

    Sausage and Pepper Linguini

    Recipe By: [email protected] (LeiG), rec.food.cooking Serving Size: 1 Preparation Time: 0:00
    Categories: Entrees

    Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method 6 oz linquini
    1/2 pound Italian sausage cut into 2 inch pieces 1 tablespoon salad oil 1 small green pepper cut
    into 1/2 inch squares 1 small sweet red pepper cut into 1/2 inch squares 1 small onion chopped 1
    large clove garlic minced 2 cups water 1 pouch Campbell's cheddar cheese soup mix or 1/2 can of
    undiluted concentrated Cheddar Cheese soup grated Parmesan cheese

    Cook linguini according to package directions. Drain and keep warm. Meanwhile in 10 inch skillet,
    over medium high heat, cook sausage in oil until browned, stirring often. Stir in green and red
    peppers, onion and garlic, cook until tender, stirring often. In medium bowl, whisk 1/2 cup of
    the water into soup mix until smooth, gradually add remaining 1 1/2 cups water, mixing well. add
    to skillet. Over medium high heat, heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low;
    simmer uncovered, 2 minutes stirring often. Pour sauce over pasta. serve with Parmesan cheese.
    Makes 4 servings.

    ‹‹‹‹‹ Per serving (excluding unknown items): 1006 Calories; 85g Fat (76% calories from fat); 36g
    Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 173mg Cholesterol; 1681mg Sodium Food Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 4
    Vegetable; 14 Fat
    _____
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!

    Tags:

  2. John Gaughan

    John Gaughan Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > I've never made this -- the Cheddar Cheese soup plan kinda spooked me.
    >
    > Sausage and Pepper Linguini

    It sounds good -- I will have to save this one for later.

    --
    John Gaughan http://www.johngaughan.net/ [email protected]

  3. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > I've never made this -- the Cheddar Cheese soup plan kinda spooked me.

    Heh, I like cheddar cheese soup by itself, made with milk whisked in, sprinkled with red pepper
    flakes like you find at a pizza joint. Good with cornbread muffins on a cold night!

    Jill