REC Manhandler Meatloaf

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Glenn B., Feb 28, 2004.

  1. Glenn B.

    Glenn B. Guest

    Manhandler Meatloaf

    4 Points Per Serving

    1 (6oz) box pork-flavored Stove Top stuffing mix
    1 (7oz) carton egg substitute - (Egg Beaters) 1 cup mild thick n' chunky salsa
    2/2 cup honey barbeque sauce
    2 (1oz) pkg fat-free smoked sausage 2 lbs lean ground round

    Glaze:

    3/4 cup grape jelly

    4/2 cup honey barbeque sauce

    2 tbsp salsa

    Preheat oven to 350º. With a blender or food processor, grind up the stuffing mix bread crumbs into
    fine bread crumbs. In a large bowl, combine egg substitute, salsa, BBQ sauce, bread crumbs, and
    seasoning packet from stuffing mix. Stir well until combined. Cut sausage lengths into 1 inch pieces
    and grind in blender. Combine ground sausage, ground meat with the bread crumb mixture. Use your
    hands. This makes TWO meatloaves. Bake meatloaf in oven for 50 minutes (freeze the other one to bake
    later)...then spread on glaze and bake another 10 minutes.

    Makes 16 (4 oz) servings (8 servings per loaf)

    Tags:

  2. This sounds delicious. When I go to visit my daughters next month, I'll make it for them. Even
    freezing one loaf, this is too much for me, myself, and I.

    Gotta love the name of this recipe. Too bad I won't have an oven when all those men start tearing up
    my house. <G>

    Prairie Roots On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:59:23 GMT, "Glenn B." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Manhandler Meatloaf
    >
    >4 Points Per Serving
    >
    > 1 (6oz) box pork-flavored Stove Top stuffing mix
    > 1 (8oz) carton egg substitute - (Egg Beaters) 1 cup mild thick n' chunky salsa
    >1/2 cup honey barbeque sauce
    > 1 (14oz) pkg fat-free smoked sausage 2 lbs lean ground round
    >
    >Glaze:
    >
    >1/4 cup grape jelly
    >
    >1/2 cup honey barbeque sauce
    >
    >2 tbsp salsa
    >
    >Preheat oven to 350º. With a blender or food processor, grind up the stuffing mix bread crumbs into
    >fine bread crumbs. In a large bowl, combine egg substitute, salsa, BBQ sauce, bread crumbs, and
    >seasoning packet from stuffing mix. Stir well until combined. Cut sausage lengths into 1 inch
    >pieces and grind in blender. Combine ground sausage, ground meat with the bread crumb mixture. Use
    >your hands. This makes TWO meatloaves. Bake meatloaf in oven for 50 minutes (freeze the other one
    >to bake later)...then spread on glaze and bake another 10 minutes.
    >
    >Makes 16 (4 oz) servings (8 servings per loaf)

  3. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Oh YUM. Does this ever sound good

    "Glenn B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Manhandler Meatloaf
    >
    > 4 Points Per Serving
    >
    > 1 (6oz) box pork-flavored Stove Top stuffing mix
    > 1 (8oz) carton egg substitute - (Egg Beaters) 1 cup mild thick n' chunky salsa
    > 1/2 cup honey barbeque sauce
    > 1 (14oz) pkg fat-free smoked sausage 2 lbs lean ground round
    >
    > Glaze:
    >
    > 1/4 cup grape jelly
    >
    > 1/2 cup honey barbeque sauce
    >
    > 2 tbsp salsa
    >
    > Preheat oven to 350º. With a blender or food processor, grind up the stuffing mix bread crumbs
    > into fine bread crumbs. In a large bowl,
    combine
    > egg substitute, salsa, BBQ sauce, bread crumbs, and seasoning packet from stuffing mix. Stir well
    > until combined. Cut sausage lengths into 1 inch pieces and grind in blender. Combine ground
    > sausage, ground meat with the bread crumb mixture. Use your hands. This makes TWO meatloaves. Bake
    > meatloaf in oven for 50 minutes (freeze the other one to bake
    later)...then
    > spread on glaze and bake another 10 minutes.
    >
    > Makes 16 (4 oz) servings (8 servings per loaf)

  4. mmmm Thanks, Lee
    Glenn B. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Manhandler Meatloaf
    >
    > 4 Points Per Serving
    >
    > 1 (6oz) box pork-flavored Stove Top stuffing mix
    > 1 (8oz) carton egg substitute - (Egg Beaters) 1 cup mild thick n' chunky salsa
    > 1/2 cup honey barbeque sauce
    > 1 (14oz) pkg fat-free smoked sausage 2 lbs lean ground round
    >
    > Glaze:
    >
    > 1/4 cup grape jelly
    >
    > 1/2 cup honey barbeque sauce
    >
    > 2 tbsp salsa
    >
    > Preheat oven to 350º. With a blender or food processor, grind up the stuffing mix bread crumbs
    > into fine bread crumbs. In a large bowl,
    combine
    > egg substitute, salsa, BBQ sauce, bread crumbs, and seasoning packet from stuffing mix. Stir well
    > until combined. Cut sausage lengths into 1 inch pieces and grind in blender. Combine ground
    > sausage, ground meat with the bread crumb mixture. Use your hands. This makes TWO meatloaves. Bake
    > meatloaf in oven for 50 minutes (freeze the other one to bake
    later)...then
    > spread on glaze and bake another 10 minutes.
    >
    > Makes 16 (4 oz) servings (8 servings per loaf)

  5. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    This sounds really fantastic Glenn, thanks for sharing! I'm gonna give it a try on the family in the
    next week or so. How can the points be so low though? My usual meatloaf logs in between 3 and 4
    points per serving, and I only use 1.25 pounds extra lean ground sirloin, veggies, and oatmeal (oh,
    and egg whites). Are the smoked sausage and stove top really that point friendly???

    Joyce

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:59:23 GMT, "Glenn B." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Manhandler Meatloaf
    >
    >4 Points Per Serving
    >
    > 1 (6oz) box pork-flavored Stove Top stuffing mix
    > 1 (8oz) carton egg substitute - (Egg Beaters) 1 cup mild thick n' chunky salsa
    >1/2 cup honey barbeque sauce
    > 1 (14oz) pkg fat-free smoked sausage 2 lbs lean ground round
    >
    >Glaze:
    >
    >1/4 cup grape jelly
    >
    >1/2 cup honey barbeque sauce
    >
    >2 tbsp salsa
    >
    >Preheat oven to 350º. With a blender or food processor, grind up the stuffing mix bread crumbs into
    >fine bread crumbs. In a large bowl, combine egg substitute, salsa, BBQ sauce, bread crumbs, and
    >seasoning packet from stuffing mix. Stir well until combined. Cut sausage lengths into 1 inch
    >pieces and grind in blender. Combine ground sausage, ground meat with the bread crumb mixture. Use
    >your hands. This makes TWO meatloaves. Bake meatloaf in oven for 50 minutes (freeze the other one
    >to bake later)...then spread on glaze and bake another 10 minutes.
    >
    >Makes 16 (4 oz) servings (8 servings per loaf)

  6. Glenn B.

    Glenn B. Guest

    I pulled this recipe from one of the many WW recipe sites. I
    think having the FF Healthy Choice sausage makes the
    difference, as it fills in for some of the meat.

    Hope this helps!

    news:[email protected]...

    wrote:

    > >Manhandler Meatloaf
    > >
    > >4 Points Per Serving
    > >
    > > 1 (6oz) box pork-flavored Stove Top stuffing mix
    > > 1 (8oz) carton egg substitute - (Egg Beaters) 1 cup
    > > mild thick n' chunky salsa
    > >1/2 cup honey barbeque sauce
    > > 1 (14oz) pkg fat-free smoked sausage 2 lbs lean ground
    > > round
    > >
    > >Glaze:
    > >
    > >1/4 cup grape jelly
    > >
    > >1/2 cup honey barbeque sauce
    > >
    > >2 tbsp salsa
    > >
    > >Preheat oven to 350º. With a blender or food processor,
    > >grind up the stuffing mix bread crumbs into fine bread
    > >crumbs. In a large bowl,
    combine
    > >egg substitute, salsa, BBQ sauce, bread crumbs, and
    > >seasoning packet from stuffing mix. Stir well until
    > >combined. Cut sausage lengths into 1 inch pieces and
    > >grind in blender. Combine ground sausage, ground
    > >meat with
    the
    > >bread crumb mixture. Use your hands. This makes TWO
    > >meatloaves. Bake meatloaf in oven for 50 minutes (freeze
    > >the other one to bake
    later)...then
    > >spread on glaze and bake another 10 minutes.
    > >
    > >Makes 16 (4 oz) servings (8 servings per loaf)

  7. Glenn B.

    wrote:

    > >Manhandler Meatloaf
    > >
    > >4 Points Per Serving
    > >
    > > 1 (6oz) box pork-flavored Stove Top stuffing mix
    > > 1 (8oz) carton egg substitute - (Egg Beaters) 1 cup
    > > mild thick n' chunky salsa
    > >1/2 cup honey barbeque sauce
    > > 1 (14oz) pkg fat-free smoked sausage 2 lbs lean ground
    > > round
    > >
    > >Glaze:
    > >
    > >1/4 cup grape jelly
    > >
    > >1/2 cup honey barbeque sauce
    > >
    > >2 tbsp salsa
    > >
    > >Preheat oven to 350º. With a blender or food processor,
    > >grind up the stuffing mix bread crumbs into fine bread
    > >crumbs. In a large bowl,
    combine
    > >egg substitute, salsa, BBQ sauce, bread crumbs, and
    > >seasoning packet from stuffing mix. Stir well until
    > >combined. Cut sausage lengths into 1 inch pieces and
    > >grind in blender. Combine ground sausage, ground
    > >meat with
    the
    > >bread crumb mixture. Use your hands. This makes TWO
    > >meatloaves. Bake meatloaf in oven for 50 minutes (freeze
    > >the other one to bake
    later)...then
    > >spread on glaze and bake another 10 minutes.
    > >
    > >Makes 16 (4 oz) servings (8 servings per loaf)

  8. Glenn B.

    wrote:

    > >Manhandler Meatloaf
    > >
    > >4 Points Per Serving
    > >
    > > 1 (6oz) box pork-flavored Stove Top stuffing mix
    > > 1 (8oz) carton egg substitute - (Egg Beaters) 1 cup
    > > mild thick n' chunky salsa
    > >1/2 cup honey barbeque sauce
    > > 1 (14oz) pkg fat-free smoked sausage 2 lbs lean ground
    > > round
    > >
    > >Glaze:
    > >
    > >1/4 cup grape jelly
    > >
    > >1/2 cup honey barbeque sauce
    > >
    > >2 tbsp salsa
    > >
    > >Preheat oven to 350º. With a blender or food processor,
    > >grind up the stuffing mix bread crumbs into fine bread
    > >crumbs. In a large bowl,
    combine
    > >egg substitute, salsa, BBQ sauce, bread crumbs, and
    > >seasoning packet from stuffing mix. Stir well until
    > >combined. Cut sausage lengths into 1 inch pieces and
    > >grind in blender. Combine ground sausage, ground
    > >meat with
    the
    > >bread crumb mixture. Use your hands. This makes TWO
    > >meatloaves. Bake meatloaf in oven for 50 minutes (freeze
    > >the other one to bake
    later)...then
    > >spread on glaze and bake another 10 minutes.
    > >
    > >Makes 16 (4 oz) servings (8 servings per loaf)

  9. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    I also forgot that this makes two good size loaves, which is
    going to bring the point total down considerable. I didn't
    think of the healthy choice sausage, not sure I even know
    where to look for it. Is this a frozen item or a
    refrigerated sausage item? I was thinking of something like
    the ekrich lowfat (not sure if they have fat free). It still
    sounds grand. I haven't yet tried it, soon ... soon.

    Joyce