REC - Parmesan-Prosciutto Mashed Potatoes

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Damsel in dis Dress, Mar 27, 2006.

  1. * Exported from MasterCook *

    Parmesan-Prosciutto Mashed Potatoes

    Recipe By :Damsel in dis Dress
    Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:45
    Categories : Soups, Salads & Vegetables

    1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes -- peeled and cubed
    3 cloves garlic -- peeled
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter
    2 ounces prosciutto -- thinly sliced, finel
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/2 cup skim milk -- or more if needed
    1/2 cup parmesan cheese -- freshly grated
    freshly ground black pepper -- to taste
    2 tablespoons parmesan cheese

    Cook potatoes and garlic in large pot of boiling water until potatoes
    are very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; return potatoes and garlic
    to same pot.

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - -

    Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 142 Calories; 5g Fat (34.2%
    calories from fat); 7g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
    18mg Cholesterol; 321mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
    Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

    Tags:

  2. ~patches~

    ~patches~ Guest

    Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

    > * Exported from MasterCook *
    >
    > Parmesan-Prosciutto Mashed Potatoes
    >
    > Recipe By :Damsel in dis Dress
    > Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:45
    > Categories : Soups, Salads & Vegetables

    > 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes -- peeled and cubed
    > 3 cloves garlic -- peeled
    > 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
    > 2 ounces prosciutto -- thinly sliced, finel
    > 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    > 1/2 cup skim milk -- or more if needed
    > 1/2 cup parmesan cheese -- freshly grated
    > freshly ground black pepper -- to taste
    > 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
    >
    > Cook potatoes and garlic in large pot of boiling water until potatoes
    > are very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; return potatoes and garlic
    > to same pot.
    >
    > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    > - -
    >
    > Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 142 Calories; 5g Fat (34.2%
    > calories from fat); 7g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
    > 18mg Cholesterol; 321mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
    > Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

    Is this baked as a casserole or the other ingredients just mixed
    together and added to the potatoes and garlic?

  3. On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:46:21 -0500, ~patches~
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Is this baked as a casserole or the other ingredients just mixed
    >together and added to the potatoes and garlic?

    I had a bad night last night. Here's the whole thing. The original
    called for rosemary instead of thyme, but ... eeeewwwww! Also, use
    regular butter if you want to, and whichever octane of milk you
    prefer.

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Parmesan-Prosciutto Mashed Potatoes

    Recipe By :Damsel in dis Dress
    Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:45
    Categories :

    1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes -- peeled and cubed
    3 cloves garlic -- peeled
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter
    2 ounces prosciutto -- thinly sliced, finely chopped
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/2 cup skim milk -- or more if needed
    1/2 cup parmesan cheese -- freshly grated
    freshly ground black pepper -- to taste
    2 tablespoons parmesan cheese

    1. Cook potatoes and garlic in large pot of boiling water until
    potatoes are very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; return potatoes and
    garlic to same pot.

    2. Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy small saucepan over medium heat.
    Add chopped prosciutto and thyme and sauté until fragrant, about 2
    minutes.

    3. Add prosciutto mixture and 3/4 cup milk to potatoes and garlic.
    Mash well, adding more milk by tablespoonfuls if potatoes are dry. Mix
    in 1/2 cup cheese. Season with pepper. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead.
    Cover and chill. Stir over low heat to rewarm, adding more milk by
    tablespoonfuls, if desired.) Transfer potatoes to bowl. Sprinkle
    lightly with 2 tablespoons cheese; serve.

    Source:
    "Adapted from Bon Appétit"
    Yield:
    "4 cups"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - -

    Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 142 Calories; 5g Fat (34.2%
    calories from fat); 7g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
    18mg Cholesterol; 321mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
    Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

  4. ~patches~

    ~patches~ Guest

    Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

    > On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:46:21 -0500, ~patches~
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Is this baked as a casserole or the other ingredients just mixed
    >>together and added to the potatoes and garlic?

    > I had a bad night last night. Here's the whole thing. The original
    > called for rosemary instead of thyme, but ... eeeewwwww! Also, use
    > regular butter if you want to, and whichever octane of milk you
    > prefer.

    Thanks Dams, much appreciated. I'll give it a try.