REC - Parmesan-Prosciutto Mashed Potatoes

Damsel in dis Dress

Guest
* Exported from MasterCook *

Parmesan-Prosciutto Mashed Potatoes

Recipe By :Damsel in dis Dress
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:45
Categories : Soups, Salads & Vegetables

1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes -- peeled and cubed
3 cloves garlic -- peeled
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 ounces prosciutto -- thinly sliced, finel
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 cup skim milk -- or more if needed
1/2 cup parmesan cheese -- freshly grated
freshly ground black pepper -- to taste
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese

Cook potatoes and garlic in large pot of boiling water until potatoes
are very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; return potatoes and garlic
to same pot.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 142 Calories; 5g Fat (34.2%
calories from fat); 7g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
18mg Cholesterol; 321mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Parmesan-Prosciutto Mashed Potatoes
>
> Recipe By :Damsel in dis Dress
> Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:45
> Categories : Soups, Salads & Vegetables

> 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes -- peeled and cubed
> 3 cloves garlic -- peeled
> 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
> 2 ounces prosciutto -- thinly sliced, finel
> 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
> 1/2 cup skim milk -- or more if needed
> 1/2 cup parmesan cheese -- freshly grated
> freshly ground black pepper -- to taste
> 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
>
> Cook potatoes and garlic in large pot of boiling water until potatoes
> are very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; return potatoes and garlic
> to same pot.
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> - -
>
> Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 142 Calories; 5g Fat (34.2%
> calories from fat); 7g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
> 18mg Cholesterol; 321mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
> Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

Is this baked as a casserole or the other ingredients just mixed
together and added to the potatoes and garlic?

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:46:21 -0500, ~patches~
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Is this baked as a casserole or the other ingredients just mixed
>together and added to the potatoes and garlic?

I had a bad night last night. Here's the whole thing. The original
called for rosemary instead of thyme, but ... eeeewwwww! Also, use
regular butter if you want to, and whichever octane of milk you
prefer.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Parmesan-Prosciutto Mashed Potatoes

Recipe By :Damsel in dis Dress
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:45
Categories :

1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes -- peeled and cubed
3 cloves garlic -- peeled
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 ounces prosciutto -- thinly sliced, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 cup skim milk -- or more if needed
1/2 cup parmesan cheese -- freshly grated
freshly ground black pepper -- to taste
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese

1. Cook potatoes and garlic in large pot of boiling water until
potatoes are very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; return potatoes and
garlic to same pot.

2. Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy small saucepan over medium heat.
Add chopped prosciutto and thyme and sauté until fragrant, about 2
minutes.

3. Add prosciutto mixture and 3/4 cup milk to potatoes and garlic.
Mash well, adding more milk by tablespoonfuls if potatoes are dry. Mix
in 1/2 cup cheese. Season with pepper. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead.
Cover and chill. Stir over low heat to rewarm, adding more milk by
tablespoonfuls, if desired.) Transfer potatoes to bowl. Sprinkle
lightly with 2 tablespoons cheese; serve.

Source:
"Adapted from Bon Appétit"
Yield:
"4 cups"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- -

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:46:21 -0500, ~patches~
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Is this baked as a casserole or the other ingredients just mixed
>>together and added to the potatoes and garlic?

> I had a bad night last night. Here's the whole thing. The original
> called for rosemary instead of thyme, but ... eeeewwwww! Also, use
> regular butter if you want to, and whichever octane of milk you
> prefer.

Thanks Dams, much appreciated. I'll give it a try.