I don't have a name for the pasta and since the goal will be to avoid this particular shape in the future, I don't think I'll name them :> The sauce came out fine, though. About 1/3 c heavy cream, simmering, add about 1/4 c chopped gorgonzola. Melt while stirring. Simmer on low, stirring, until reduced a bit. Add pasta. What happened with the pasta: I started out making fresh pasta in the Cuisinart extruder, which when operated properly makes good pasta. I was not really paying attention, multitasking. The dough mixed for 3 min. It seemed rather tight so I added a bit of water. After that was incorporated, I tried a "mystery die" (i.e., it was not listed in the manual with what it makes). What came out were pasta stumps. I changed the die to "fat spaghetti," since the dough seemed too stiff for hollow pasta or thin pasta. As the strings extruded I cut the pieces off at 2-3". I made enough for one serving then threw out the rest of the dough. The cooked pasta was... al chewy. Sue(tm) Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!