REC: Pasta thingies and gorgonzola sauce

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Curly Sue, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. Curly Sue

    Curly Sue Guest

    I don't have a name for the pasta and since the goal will be to avoid
    this particular shape in the future, I don't think I'll name them :>

    The sauce came out fine, though. About 1/3 c heavy cream, simmering, add about 1/4 c chopped
    gorgonzola. Melt while stirring. Simmer on low, stirring, until reduced a bit. Add pasta.

    What happened with the pasta: I started out making fresh pasta in the Cuisinart extruder, which
    when operated properly makes good pasta. I was not really paying attention, multitasking. The dough
    mixed for 3
    min. It seemed rather tight so I added a bit of water. After that was incorporated, I tried a
    "mystery die" (i.e., it was not listed in the manual with what it makes). What came out were
    pasta stumps. I changed the die to "fat spaghetti," since the dough seemed too stiff for
    hollow pasta or thin pasta. As the strings extruded I cut the pieces off at 2-3". I made
    enough for one serving then threw out the rest of the dough.

    The cooked pasta was... al chewy.

  2. "Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I don't have a name for the pasta and since the goal will be to avoid this particular shape in the
    > future, I don't think I'll name them :>
    >
    > The sauce came out fine, though. About 1/3 c heavy cream, simmering, add about 1/4 c chopped
    > gorgonzola. Melt while stirring. Simmer on low, stirring, until reduced a bit. Add pasta.
    <snip>

    This is close to my evening meal last night. I sautéed some prosciutto in butter first then added
    the cream, gorgonzola, salt and pepper. After reducing a bit, I added a pinch of nutmeg. I served it
    with penne. A little rich, but good.

    Charlie